cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyoff process with special routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

currently I try to process a buyoff via a Special Routing. the procedure therefore is as followed:

--> Start SFC at normal operation

--> Log NC which is trggering Special Routing "BUYOFF": This Routing contains only one Operation and "Return to original" without any branches inside.

--> Start SFC in Special Routing Operation

--> Try to complete it; Message appearing: "Cannot invoke next step for SFC XXX" because there are open buyoffs"

--> When I take a look into the message board I do not find any BUYOFF_Request message, related to SFC and/or Routing.

I know that branched Routings for buyoffs are not supported, special routings too?

Best regards,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

thanks for your tips they were very helpful! First of all, I observed that the issue I have does not belong to the Routing- or operation type itself, it's because of the step after the buyoff Operation step.

I observed that a buyoff process is not possible when:

- Branches are assigned diectly after a Buyoff Operation (allready known)

- Functions (for e.g. return to any / return to next...) are assigned directly after a Buyoff operation

--> If one or all of those cases are right, you will receive the issue mentioned above.

If, like you've proposed, an Operation is assigned between buyoff Operation and branches and/or functions, the System is running smoothly.

Okay, cool this helps me a lot, but what do think? From my Point of view it should be possible to assign branches and functions after a buyoff Operation. Does make it sense to open a ticket and to start a proof of concept for this process?

Thanks very much for your help!

Regards,

Marco

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marco,

Your findings confirm that both cases are related to non-supported branching in the routing. I've checked the SAP Note which you already read about this. And unfortunately it is still in place. So, it is likely that such changes to the current behavior will be considered as an enhancement by Product Management, and to make them agree on "fixing" you will have to negotiate with them that goes beyond a support ticket.

Regards,

Sergiy

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marco,

Your findings confirm that both cases are related to non-supported branching in the routing. I've checked the SAP Note which you already read about this. And unfortunately it is still in place. So, it is likely that such changes to the current behavior will be considered as an enhancement by Product Management, and to make them agree on "fixing" you will have to negotiate with them that goes beyond a support ticket.

Regards,

Sergiy

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I do not see any explicit statement about this in the design. So, it's possible no one considered such scenario during the implementation and thus it is not working.

It would be good to check the following to clarify the situation:

1. What if you had a special routing of 2 operations where the buyoff is attached to the first operation?

2. What if you used NC routing instead of the special routing but of the same configuration?

Regards,

Sergiy