Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario SOAP-XI Java Asynchronous with Acknowledgement

titox
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I hope that all of you are fine, i have a problem with asynchronous scenario and this is the first time that i'll try to do this.

I read that the acknowledgments enable you to confirm that an asynchronous message has been received

But i don't understand how can i going to implement. 😞

Can you help me?

Best regards

Hector Contreras Flores.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hector,

By default acknowledgements are switched off in SOAP adapter, if you want acknowledgements then you need to set below parameter.

856597 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0/7.1/7.3 SOAP Adapter

Q: How to set System Acknowledgment parameter in soap adapter ?

A: In the note 1821649, default value of the parameter is set to false. Which means that in case the acknowledgement is required to be generated the parameter has to be explicitly set to true in the channel configuration. So note 1821649 is the relevant note for this issue.

Parameter Name  : XMBWS.GenerateSysAck

Parameter Value : true

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen!

Doesn't this note mean that by setting parameter we can make receiver SOAP adapter generate acknowledgment if it was requested by sender? Or am I wrong?

And from SAP help we see:

Sender Adapter

• Sender adapters of the Adapter Engine do not request any acknowledgments.

So SOAP sender adapter can't request any acknowledgment.

The only way I know is using SOAP sender adapter with XI protocol for ABAP proxy where we can request acknowledgment in proxy code.

Wouldn't you please clarify it if possible? I'm much interested in this question.

Regards, Evgeniy.

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hector!

I guess that you can use acknowledgements in SOAP adapter in case of using XI protocol (ABAP proxies or Integration servers, for example).

Acknowledgement types - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards, Evgeniy.