cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add delay in SOAP Adapter at receiver end

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on proxy to Soap scenario. We want to add a delay in processing at receiver end. Can you please suggest if there is any adapter module for this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried all but nothing worked. I'll again explain the requirement. The messages are triggered in batch so the time difference between messages is in milliseconds. Even if I apply time delay using UDF, the processing of continuous messages doesnt get delayed.

Suppose three messages get triggered from SAP system at 11:28:23 11:28:24 11:28:25 and I added a delay of 2 minutes. They get processed at 11:30:23 11:30:24 11:30:25. Instead I want them processed somewhat like 11:30:23 11:31:00 11:31:30

Please suggest.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have u tried UDF+EOIO ?

0 Kudos

Its proxy, we can not use EOIO.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes , you can  .

Using the searlization :

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2011/07/05/flexible-serialization-in-sap-pi

But this is not a good idea because when one message is executing the other messages remains in holding status which would affect PI system performance.

why dont you go with Iñaki Vila suggestion on handling this on ECC side only.

Br,

Manoj

GauravKant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aprajita,

PFB link for EOIO in proxy.

Guaranteeing Exactly Once In Order - Proxy Programming - SAP Library

Regards,

Gaurav

pankaj_yadav3
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Aprajita

EOIO is possible in proxy adapter also. I used one of my scenario this EOIO in proxy . It is not stander-ed   funcation like author  communication channel .

you can achieve this functionality using code . Please chek Gaurav kant link .

Regards

P.Singh

0 Kudos

Thank you all. I'll try and update you guys with the result.

Regards,

Aprajita

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aprajita,

Why not generating the proxy request with delay in your sender system?, or to change the proxy request and to send one record per request instead of several ones.

Regards.

GauravKant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aprajita,

You can use EOIO+below UDF as well for delay. PFB.

Thread.sleep(requiredTimeDuration);

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aprajita,

I think you are sending lot of messages to receiver system and the receiver system cannot handle the load and you want to delay the process in PI? right?

Then change the interface from Exactly Once(EO) to Exactly Once In Order(EOIO) then all the messages will be processed sequentially.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no need to configure EOIO if one simply wants sequential processing without guaranteing the order.

Just configure receiver parallelization and set it to 1 for this specific receiver or interface.

See SAP Note:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1916598/E

That way you avoid the drawbacks of EOIO, like one error stops all other Messages from being sent.

Kind regards,

Thomas

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aparjita,

Why do you want to do so ? whats the reason for holding message in PI?

We want to add a delay in processing at receiver end

If you are asking for delay in processing at the webservice then this has to be taken care by the webservice team because once the message has left SOAP adapter there is no control on message from PI end.

It would be good if you throw more light on the requirement so that to assist further.

Br,

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I have a scenario, where SAP will be sending a message via proxy with multiple records to PI and PI wants to send one record at a time to receipt system and there should be delay between 2 records. This is because the recipient system cannot handle the load.   I want to achieve this without BPM and we are on single stack 7.4 installation.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to hear that karthik.