cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification links inconsistency

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been continuing to provide issues, bugs, feedback, etc. and trying to find a rhythm with the future state we will all be facing next week.  Since following tags is currently very one tag dimensional and not cross community favorites based, I have come to the near term decision that notifications/activities will be my starting point of entry.  Several of you have chimed in on this open discussion in a few areas of blogs, etc. so I know I'm not the only one looking for the browser shortcut that will launch the new SCN site (or one of the sites), sign me in automatically, and then allow me to spend some focused quality time with the community (if you haven't already seen the post by then it is a must read).

Now to my most recent post:

1. Consider this location:  https://activities.sap.com/#/notifications
  2. Consider two entries concerning comments, one made on a blog, the other on an answer:

Conclusion:  any and all links that are intended to be part of the activities or notifications feed should take you directly to the related occurrence - someone votes, replies, comments, etc. --> the hyperlink should at a minimum put you onto the same page where the full comment should be visible.  This should not be limited to only blogs...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member28818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for your post. We are aware of the issue you pointed out. For any comments submitted on Q&A, the content title in the Activity Stream and Notifications are showing the comment body instead.

This issue was already documented in the

Originally this issue was seen for comments on wordpress as well. But I believe the ticket was able to fix that issue. However, due to lack of IT resources, we were not able to close the ticket. This issue in addition to a couple of others in regards to the Activity Stream will be prioritized post Go-Live

Thanks

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks - do you have the specific thread?  I get so lost on that page trying to follow all the discussions...

Will it also include the Moderation feed, not just notifications concerning blogs or q&a?  I appended the indication as a reply to my original post.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding tag

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another example of Notifications that really don't help guide you to the actual issue at hand, or the actual activity, the moderator alert link is simply the thread again:  http://answers.sap.com/questions/20539/gonna-hide-you.html

**Moderators have names, and why is it super secret that was busy in the moderator's queue?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My real name is actually Super Secret Squirrel!  Please don't give it away!