Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ContentServer export/import delta documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you be able to advise on this problem:

We had done an export/import of SAP Content Server DB from two servers to one using the loadercli utility, however, we had connection problems on the new server so we could not let users work on it immediately. So the users still continued in their old environments.

Now we want to extract the delta(newly created docs) from the old environment to the new server. I have

1. created temp tables Components0008 and Documents0008.
  2. Run insert:

insert into sapr3.components0008 select NAME, LVALUE, SHORT_VALUE, LONG_VALUE, COMPDATEM, COMPTIMEM, CONTENTTYPE, COMPRESSED from sapr3.components0002 where DATEM like '%2016-10%'

insert into sapr3.documents0008 select NAME, LPROPERTY, SHORT_PROPERTY, LONG_PROPERTY, LVALUE, SHORT_VALUE, LONG_VALUE, DATEM, TIMEM, COMPRESSED from sapr3.documents0002 where DATEM like '%2016-10%'

1. The copy of the delta only works for Documents0008, but for Component0008 it complains about too long columns.

Is there any other method we can use on this one, I would highly appreciate your advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Zolile,

How the temp table components0008 was created?

Did you try the similar command "create table components0008 as select * from components0002 where 1=2"?

Best regards,
James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I also did try this command in SQL editor

CREATE TABLE COMPONENTS0008 AS select * from COMPONENTS0002 where compdatem like '%2016-10%'

Same error still appears...

The error: DBTech JDBC: [-2003] (at 41): Output columns too long

This environment is Win2012 MaxDB 7.9.08.23

In my sandbox environment it works, (though I think I'm testing with smaller file sizes), and my test is on SUSE Linux.

I'm not sure if the LOB column LONG_VALUE should be defined differently or not...

Kind regards

Zolile

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Zolile,

Please check :

-2003: Output columns too long (SAP Library - Basic Information)

This should be normal, because the row in the tables are too large.

In this case, we have to search a way to do this from content server application level. Maybe you can reach SAP content server support team.

Best regards,
James