cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0: How are people handling F4 dropdown with multiple choices?

SeanF
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all - I was just wondering how people are handling F4 dropdowns that have multiple selections.  For example, in tx XK01 there is a field called payment methods - in the SAP GUI it is a multi-select popup:

how would you handle it with Personas ?  The list is different depending on which Vendor type you choose.

cheers

Sean

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The handling of this search help is not specific to the frontend technology used, be it SAP GUI, webgui or Personas.

If the user selects multiple values, the corresponding letter will be added to the string that is entered into the input field. So for example, you end up with ABDT in the Payment Methods field.

There is no Personas-specific handling necessary.

SeanF
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas - sorry, I didn't explain myself very well at all.

In simplifying XK01, we want to move the payment method field to a different screen - so we lose the CALL SCREEN that this performed as part of the F4 dropdown.  I wondered how people handled that (with it being a multiple choice popup).

thanks

Sean

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ah, I see.

Well, there are search helps available for the payment method but those don't allow multi-selection.

The search help on that screen uses an individual, programmed method. If you want to replicate the same functionality on a different screen, I'm afraid you'll have to create your own search help performing the same logic like in XK01, then whitelist that custom search help using the /PERSONAS/SEARCHHELP structure.

It's not trivial, but doable...