cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mitigating control creation/assignment notification by email link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GRC experts,

I just configured the Mitigating control in GRC 10 but noticed that mitigating control creation approval and assignment changes goes to Owner/approver in GRC inbox not in Exchange server outlook as a link so they can just double click and approve mitigating control through the link.

We have FF running and it is configured to send an email to the approver/owner to approve through link. I'm using standard MSMP workflow which is out of the box.  I'm not sure if I need to configure this in MSMP workflow to send an email to approver/owner.

Can anyone please send me the steps to configure this activity? if this is really simply to do.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

For basic validation of email notification config - Navigate to MSMP --> Select the process " SAP_GRAC_CONTROL_MAINT--> Go to Maintain paths --> select the default stage --> Click on Notification settings.

Validate the notification events mapping with template ID's .

If you don't see any events --> Click on create select notification event " NEW_WORK_ITEM" - select template ID "GRAC_MITCC_WORKITEM"--> Recipient ID " GRAC_CURRENT_APPROVERS".

You should be able to receive email notification after the creation of MC.

If you would like to configure notification with link to the work item follow the steps from below link.

Please let us know if you still face issues.

Regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I tried your steps and save the changes but I test it again and it doesn't work. I also checked the SOST but it doesn't have any entry in SOST

I also check my FF notification and they used they used Document object instead of Template ID in Stage 5. I'm not sure where is the issue now?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Please note that the document object is associated with a message class and this is associated with a template ID in Step 4 of MSMP. The template ID is the one which is maintained in the Notification Settings in Step 5.

After making the required changes you need to Activate the WF.

Does the mitigation approver have a valid email address maintained in SU01?

Kindly post relevant screenshots to analyze further.

Regards,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manju!

Do I have to update task setting as "Approve by email" Reject By email"? to be checked

Regards,

Faisal

0 Kudos

Its not necessarily need to be maintained Failsal.

You just need email maintained in SU01 and specific notification events maintained for stages.

Let us know if it wont work.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dinesh,

it is working now but I maintained above task setting as "Approve by email" and so on.  I can de-select these setting to see if that still work or not.

Another question related to this, I was going to make the notification better with the link I can work on SE61 and put the link and stuff, question is;  do I have to create new template ID in order to create custom document object, or I can create only new custom document object using SE61 and can assign to same standard template ID.

I can leave the same template ID and document object as is and create another entry with same Template ID with custom Document object. Can I do this? is it going to work?

I can have two entry in Stage 4 one same as delivered currently and the other one is for custom docu object with link.

Best Regards,

Faisal

0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Yes ! You can create one custom document object through SE61 starting with Z* something.

then you have to navigate to SPRO--> Workflow --> Maintain custom notification messages--> New Entries--> Map the message class to the document object you just created.

Automatically the mapping resembles in MSMP "Variables and Templates" --> under section Document Object.

Thanks,

DInesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Faisal's settings, you would need to add email in in SU01 of those approvers. Also, check status on SOST, for emails.

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much guys! appreciated your help.  I'll make the changes as you guys suggested. I'll let you know if it works.

Best Regards,

Faisal