cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock in transit in EWM

0 Kudos

Hi All,

In an STO scenario between 2 EWM warehouses, is it possible to get visibility into the stock in transit. That is after PGI is done at the supplying plant, ECC stock overview displays the stock as In transit stock at plant level. Can we get visibility into this transit stock in EWM using the warehouse monitor? I have not seen any stock types corresponding to In transit stock & therefore the question.

Also do we need to have integration with TM i.e. transportation zones etc maintained in the system in order to derive this information from EWM. Would be glad if any of you could provide some insights.

Regards,

Smitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen & Antoni. The GR workload planning functionality was what i was looking at. Will explore this further at my end.

Regards,

Smitha

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

where in the warehouse would you like to see stock which is in transit (= not in the warehouse)?

The only visibility you could get is to look into inbound deliveries which are not processed (no GR, no putaway).

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Juergen.

Yes, i understand this is stock which is not in the Warehouse. Let me once again confirm my understanding. I have loaded stock on to TU & completed PGI at the supplying EWM WH. The TU is now enroute to the receiving EWM WH. The only way to get visibility into the transit stock is at plant level in ECC. The receiving WH will not have any visibility into stocks that are going to be received.

Regards,

Smitha

antoni_maj1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

I can see that you are using STO flow for moving inventory between plants. Usually ones the OBD is posted in ECC (here via qRFC from EWM) the output type SPED is used to automatically create IBD in receiving plant. If the receiving plant/SL is managed by EWM whs thus qRFC will automatically replicate the IBD to relevant EWM whs (including packaging - HU - data).

Then in EWM you can use MONITOR or GR workload planning t-code to see the stock in transit.

Of course still you can use reports in ECC (MB5T or MB5SIT).

Hope this helps,

Antoni

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, only in the ERP system on plant level you will see the transit stock.

In the EWM system you will see an inbound delivery if the receiving plant/storage location is EWM managed and can see what to expect (what Antoni describes).

Brgds

Juergen