Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sorry raising the same question: idoc and SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

forum(dont get irritated as me raising the same question) ,

clarify it

when i make a business system corresponding to a SAP system(Say Z), in the SLD, do i need to name its logical system name in a way thats similar to the way which the system Z appends in the Sender partner while sending an IDOC to my XI,

means if sender's system Z has system-id SD1 and client 330, should i make a business system with logical system name SD1CLNT,

so that when an IDOC reaches my XI for system Z, it can identify that the IDOC has reached from a particular system, coz i believe when an IDOC is sent from system Z, the sender partner is appended as "System-id"CLNT"client no."..

is it so????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudheep,

The recommeneded naming convetnion is like piointed by other and you as well.

But, I have seen instances when logical system names of SAP system do not follow this convention. The only thing to do would be to get in touch with the basis team and ask them for a confirmation that thelogical system name is as per the convention and if no then get the corresponding logical system name and use this in the business system in your SLD.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

bhavesh if i dont maintain my business system's logical system name as the convention, then dont u think there will be a problem in receivng IDOC from that system.....

pls..tell

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

see the logical system name of R/3 is maintained aafter the R/3 server installation,so it does not matter what convention they use,as long as u use the same logical system name for the sender business system in SLD,u will be ok

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to use the correct logical system name in the Business System in the SLD and also you will have to use this same logical system name as the Sender Partner Name to trigger the Idoc from We19.

Try using some other value and the idoc will not even be sent fromt the SAP system..

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

bhavesh...i m very close to understanding...can u pls see the XML payload....

in the above reply to Ahmed and all and think about it

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

as i said u need not do anything on XI side.

we need not load the IDOC metadata manually. The firsts time you run the interface the IDOC metadata automatically gets loaded.

>>just see this.....this clearly says...its trying to get metadata from port SAPSD1....which is used as the sender port....while IDOC was triggered

This is what i m sayin,IDOC will take the metadata by itself so u dont have to do IDX2 etc

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

ahmed ahmed,

thats closer to my answer...that means in my XI i should have port maintained as

SAPSD1 and partner SD1CLNT330....coz i know an IDOC ll come from that system......and i know the metadata import is automatic...but atleast taht particular port/partner should be maintained in XI beforehand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

think logically,IDOC communication is async,since ur not sending back anything back from XI,why do u want to keep any info about R/3 system in XI?

only thing u need to tell IDOC is the port number and the logicalsystem,now when it reaces SLD based upon LS it will find BS and subsequent things.

here where is the need to maintain the LS or Port of R/3 in SLD?

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudheep ,

It is not needed.

Why dont you try this, delete the port in XI for the sender SAP system .

Go to IDX2, delete all Metadata for this port . After this there will be no port for the SAP system in IDX2 after you delete all metadata.

Basically this is how things will look,

1. No Port for the SAP system in IDX1

2. No metadata imported in IDX2 fpr the SAP System.

Now run your interface.

<b>Check IDX2. A entry for the port and the metadata will now be available.</b>

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

ahmed,

in that case how can it import the metadata from the sender R/3...... and i think it is logically very correct, coz if the metadata is not imported......how can the idoc adapter(inbound side) convert it into IDOC-XML,

see i have done only one example and i did in that way......but if u have done in that way..that means it can be done...i m not sure...and thats why i got confused and raised the question

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why dont you try what I have asked you to ?

What happens behind the scenes is that as your Sender Port is (SAP+SID) when the idoc is sent from the SAP system, XI will use the same as the portname and load the idoc metadata in IDX2 automatically.

There is no need to create a Port for this in XI nor is there any need to create any configuration apart from the SLD in XI to receivce an Idoc.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

bhavesh tell me one thing...if i dont maitain port SAPSD1....how can XI automatically import the metadata....means how can it communicate with the sender R/3

<<Check IDX2. A entry for the port and the metadata will now be available. >>

yeah it may happen but how it happens automaically...

i ll check it but there are constrints in my working landscape that i cant make or delete ports and partner......and thats the root cause why cant clarify most of the things by doing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

here lies my answer..

as u said

<<XI will use the same as the portname and load the idoc metadata in IDX2 automatically>>>

but to use the same port name by XI...it should be existing in th XI..isint it

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

What is Metadata?

Its the Information about data,right?

now when an IDOC comes in for the first time,XI looks within its own metadat,since it wont find any info about that IDOC,it will extract the data it needs from that IDOC itself and strore that info,so that in future if same type of IDOC arrives,it can directly read that metadata and need not extract the data again from IDOC.

u only need metadata if u change the structure of IDOC in R/3,coz in that case u explicitly want XI to update its metadata

have a look at the following to understand about metadata

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8a/b8b13bb3ace769e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

i know its a confusing topic and i have bugged sdn ,specillay Bhavesh a lot on this:)

thanx

Ahmad

Pl:Reward with points if any answers helped u

Former Member
0 Kudos

ahmad....

the URL u sent clearly says

<<<To access the metadata in the sender system, you must establish an RFC connection to this system using the port maintenance in the IDoc adapter.>>>

<<<Using an RFC connection, metadata of this type can be either called directly at runtime or loaded to the Integration Server beforehand.>>>

ahmed is it possible for u to pracically see..this ...

as i have some constraint...doing that

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudheep,

I can only give you the correect answer. I cannot argue a case with you.

Let me try to put it in a simple words as I can for the last time to this question. I leave the final decision to you,

1. You need not create a port in XI in IDX1 for an idoc to File Scenario.

2. When the idoc hits XI, the idoc metadata will be loaded by the Idoc adapter. The Idoc adapter will use the same connection and the same port with which it received the idoc to load the idoc metadata. Here the port is not a physical port like in your Computer netoworks.

port is a means to connect to a System. What does a port contain, basically the RFC destination using which it connects and loads idoc metadata.

Now, in this case as the Idoc is sent by the R3 system XI will use the same connection and the same port to load the idoc metadata. The port with which the Idoc is sent.

basic point from an implementation perspective, you need not create a port in XI for an IDOC to File scneario for your R3 system.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

in IDOC to File,who is the sender?is XI the sender that u want to maintain entries about R/3?

No

R/3 is the sender so u maintain entries about XI

>>ahmed is it possible for u to pracically see..this ...

>>as i have some constraint...doing that

Hey,i cant touch the settings of my SLD,but i tried it once and it worked just fine

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the link given by Ahamd is for a file to idoc scenario and you need a port in IDX2 for this case .

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks bhavesh, ahmed, chilla and all....

especially for being patient all the time....

i ll try to do and learn more and update u.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

u can give any business system name,but logical system name shud be in the order u mentioned.

logical system is usually of the form <systemid>CLNT<Client>

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

ahmad and anu, one more question ..pls...

do u think what i wrote in the question is correct????

if yes....

when i send an IDOC from sender SAP to my XI, with sender port/partner as SAPSD1 and SD1CLNT330 (which is default),

do that means in my XI system(not in sender SAP), i should have a maintained port(in IDX1) and partner maintained "as the same name as" SAPSD1 and SD1CLNT330, so that my XI can connect to the sender SAP to import the IDOC metadata...which i see in IDX5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

when sending IDOC from R/3 to XI,u dont have to do any configuration in XI.since ur sending IDOC from R/3 so dont think of IDX1 or IDX5 or any other thing.

right Bhavesh:)

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

ahmad ...when i send an IDOC from sender SAP to XI...

in the moni, in the "inbound messgae" XML payload ...i can see some lines...

just see it:

<Trace level="1" type="T">Get the Metadata for port SAPRD1</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">----

</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">IDX_STRUCTURE_GET Details</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Port : SAPSD1</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">IDoctyp : EMPGEN01</Trace> ...

just see this.....this clearly says...its trying to get metadata from port SAPSD1....which is used as the sender port....while IDOC was triggered

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> ahmad ...when i send an IDOC from sender SAP to

> XI...

> in the moni, in the "inbound messgae" XML payload

> ...i can see some lines...

> just see it:

>

> <Trace level="1" type="T">Get the Metadata for port

> SAPRD1</Trace>

> <Trace level="2"

> type="T">----

> </Trace>

> <Trace level="2" type="T">IDX_STRUCTURE_GET

> Details</Trace>

> <Trace level="2" type="T">Port : SAPSD1</Trace>

> <Trace level="2" type="T">IDoctyp : EMPGEN01</Trace>

> ...

>

> just see this.....this clearly says...its trying to

> get metadata from port SAPSD1....which is used as the

> sender port....while IDOC was triggered

> ...

What actually is the question here?

regards

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you see the moni trace , it is just info, so no error, and for the metadata always uses the sender Port , through port only the metadata will be passed, this was configured in IDX2.

Next whether the IDoc was reached to XI or not , we can see in sender side WE02 and direction is 1 and with the basic type see the status is 12 or not .. and next see in IDX5 in R3 instance of XI.

See the error statuses and respective solutions

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters - IDoc to File

IDOc testing - /people/suraj.sr/blog/2005/12/29/generate-test-case-for-an-idoc-scenario

Idoc settings https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4ac372c...

idoc erros - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

IDoc erros troubleshooting - /people/raja.thangamani/blog/2007/07/19/troubleshooting-of-ale-process

Regards

Chilla

<i>reward points if it is helpful..</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

bhavesh i think i have asked this question before,

Since the IDOC is sent from the Sender SAp with that default port/partner...

say SAPSD1 and SD1CLNT330,,......

do we need to have a similar port(in IDX1) and partner no. i.e, SAPSD1 and SD1CLNT330,

in my XI system, so that the XI can connect to that sender to import the IDOC metadata..........

when i checked in sxmb_moni in the "inbound messgae" XMl payload...i found these lines which i think says that

<Trace level="1" type="T">Get the Metadata for port

> SAPRD1</Trace>

> <Trace level="2"

> type="T">----

> </Trace>

> <Trace level="2" type="T">IDX_STRUCTURE_GET

> Details</Trace>

> <Trace level="2" type="T">Port : SAPSD1</Trace>

> <Trace level="2" type="T">IDoctyp : EMPGEN01</Trace>

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

yes recommended.

Regards

Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. You do not need to manually create the port in IDX1 in XI.

Just checked this once again on my server and let me repeat there is no need to create a Port in IDX1 for XI for an Idoc to File scneario.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The logical system nameing convention is:

<System ID>CLNT<Client>.

If your system is ADM, client 070, the name would be:

ADMCLNT070.