cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebSAPConsole - Issue latest patch

Former Member
0 Kudos

After patching SAPLogon at the webserver with the latest patch (of 02/05/2005) a lot of trouble was resolved!

But now we got another 'problem': if people are clicking very fast at a button, sometimes the destination screen is displayed twice or the user is thrown to another menu/transaction!

Has anybody experienced the same problem or other ones after installing that patch?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone had a problem with Intermec CK31 in a stockroom environment for picking parts. We have a situation where we are using the CK31 to pick non consigned and consigned parts and updating SAP in the process. The problem we are finding is that SAP is always updated but not all transmissions make it back to the CK31 to communicate with the applciation that the pick was complete and move to the next pick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich!

Intermec CK31 is the handheld device you are using correct.Could you pl describe the environment you are using.Are you using WebSAPConsole.What is the OS in CK31 and also the OS where your WebSAPCOnsole is running.What is your SAP Version?Have you configured with IIS OR J2EE?

Reading your short message it looks to me that it is a Performance OR your Wireless Signal Issue.

Anyhave if it is a RF Console environment, Are you able to execute these Pick Txns directly from a Desktop(via SAPGUI) with out any issues?

If yes it is your Wireless Issue OR Performance.Pl provide details.

-Gisk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 SAPConsole installed one on Windows 2000 SP4 with IIS 5.0 and one with Winsdows 2003 with IIS 6.0.

We are using the WEBSDAPConsole.

The response time is excellent on Windows 2000 but is terrible on Windows 2003.

As anybody experienced the same type of problem?

I am at patch 13 of the 6.40 GUI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering what your troubles were before. We have installed WebSAPConsole here, but there are 2 main problems which make in unworkable for the moment : very bad performance (up to 8 sec, while SAP itself is very fast), and the generated html contains very many blanks e.g. between label and field, which makes our little device screen useless.

If the patch resolved these problems, I will be very happy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry for responding so late, but I had no time for checking out the forum till now!

At our project the patch has solved the performance problem and if you look at the list of issues solved by the patch, you should not wait any longer to install the patch!

I don't think you can determine the number of blanks between the fields, but maybe your problem is solved by setting the text size lower in the SAPConsole administrator?

Empty rows can be deleted automaticly by setting the "Truncate Unused Lines"-option at the General-tab of the SAPConsole administrator!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We installed the patch (is it nr. 9 ?), and response time on our mobile device (Intermec CK30) is reasonable now (1.5 sec). If we test on a PC with IE, it is still very slow (10 sec), strange but not a problem.

I was able to remove the vertical scroll bar in the browser window by creating a start page which does a window.open scrollbars=no, so that gives me a few more columns.

Now I'm struggling to activate the device's function keys, no luck so far. I'm not even sure if it is possible to get them working in IE browser, and it is hard to get hold of someone at SAP (Belgium) who wants to/can help.

Our device does not have a touch screen, so we don't have the double-click problem you have.

In normal browser applications the same problem occurs, but there you have control over the html and can add a small javascript that prevents a button from being clicked twice.

I think the SAP developers have some work to do still on webSapConsole.

Good luck with the rest of your implementation ! Should you want to contact me directly, you can mail to willie.camerman AT ordina DOT be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willie and Sven,

I am struggling with the setup for the browser-based access through WebSAPConsole as well.

Here are my issues:

1) Function keys don't work via the keyboard of the gun (using the stylus on the touch screen works fine)

2) Auto enter doesn't work

3) User id and password fields on the logon screen are not empty when logging on

I contacted the gun manufacturer about the F-key issue and got a pretty good document with instructions on how to fix the problem. It includes instructions and a few DLLs but somehow it looks like the version it refers to is different to mine (i.e. they suggest some changes to registry entries but those entries don't exist on my machine). We use LXE MX6 guns on Pocket PC 2003 and WebSAPconsole 6.40.

I also opened an OSS message but all I got back was that IE is not working properly so I should use a different browser - which I did (NetFront v3.1) - but still no success.

It sounds like you guys already got much further than we did, so maybe you can share some thoughts and advice?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

Guenther

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Günther,

I pulled about every sleeve I could get hold of, and here's what I know already :

- The tab 'Console' in the administrator has no effect when you use webSAPconsole, so no suppressing messages or translating F to ctrl-F like in the normal SAPconsole.

- For Intermec devices, there is an 'IntermecDisplayer.dll', which, combined with iBrowse = Intermec browser, should make the F-keys work. Except that if I activate it, nothing works anymore. Sigh.

- In IE, if you press CTRLa number key, e.g. CTRL1, this simulates an F1 in SAP. So, if you can remap the function keys on your device to simulate CTRL+number, you can use the function keys. However, I don't know if that is possible, because the browser really has to think the CTRL key was pressed (see the javascript in the html-code that is generated, you will see what I mean).

If I find out any more, I'll let you know. Mr Debasish from OSS is going to help me now, so maybe things will get moving at last.

Greetings,

Willie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quick update : I recorded a macro under F-key F7 that does "press CTRL-key" then "press number 7-key". And it works in IE, it does a SAP-F7 !

As I wrote my own transaction, I will use F5-F8 in SAP (which are free), and map CTRL+5 to 8 to F1-F4 on the device, should work. Yesssss

Now I still want to get rid of the Success-message when I create a transfer order with LT03, as it takes up 3/4 of my little screen ...

Greetings,

Willie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willie!

Thanks for your reply.

As a matter of fact, I got the IE F-keys to work: there seems to be a bug in one of the XSL files provided by SAP. After applying some changes to it, everything works now on my PC but there is still an issue using IE on the LXE RF gun though, but that is something I can address directly with LXE's technical support.

In case you want more details on the XLS, let me know and I'll email you some more stuff. You can email me directly at gschober@littelfuse.com.

In regards of the LT03 success message, we decided 3 years ago when we started our WM RF implementation (with the Telnet version of SAPConsole) to basically write our own transactions based on low level function modules (i.e. all the "L_TO" ones) - suppressing messages was one of the reasons for that.

Again thanks for your help!

Guenther

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here we are again...

> 3) User id and password fields on the logon screen

> are not empty when logging on

I don't know you already solved this problem, but we also encountered this issue and it is solved by installing the mentioned Patch Level 9.

We can not use the function keys either, but the scanners have a touch screen and most of the function keys are hard to enter, so it is not a big issue for us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fyi : oss note 829413: IntermecDisplayer.dll only works for PocketPC2002.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried IBrowse out on the Intermec CK31 with Windows CE Net 4.2 . I determined, the input fields are closed and

permits no data input. I finds strangely, thats no update for the IntermecDisplayer is present, because Intermec makes advertisement with SAP (see project Kraft Foods). finds I strangely, which still no update for the IntermecDisplayer is present.

Today is Pocket PC2003 or Windows CE 4.2 the OS on the

moblies and in autumn comes the Windows CE 5.0 on the

market.

Question: Still another does update come or is the IBrowse (IntermecDisplayer) without future?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you best ask this question through OSS.

In the mean time, you can still use iBrowse but then with the standard displayer. Since the CK31 seems to have a touch screen, losing the function keys shouldn't be such a big problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The intermecDisplayer dll was done by SAP. SAP decided to not update the DLL to support WindowsMobile 2003 devices.

We are actually are in contact with a german sw company to get updated versions of the intermecdisplayer.dll. They already fixed the code to support intermec WM2003 device. The code will also be fixed to support CK3x and the other new devices like cn30 and ck6x.

Kraft Foods (germany) and one other big customer already use the new DLL. As the SW code is done by an external company, the license cost for the new DLL will be about 50 euro per device.

All this results from the differnces in PocketPC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003 and Windows CE .net operating system by Microsoft. There is a huge change from javascript DOM between PPC2002 and WM2003. The other issue to consider is the big impact on the reduced support for javascript and the IE DOM compared to that available in a Desktop IE. There are additional differences between PPC/WM and WinCE devices. So, if you support PPC2002, WM2003 and WinCE, you have to maintain three different codes. Intermec iBrowse reduces this requirement and adds missing functions to the javascript, that is available on embedded devices. iBrowse also makes it possible to control the scanner.

I am alos very interested in a pocket browser, that supports the functions needed to access SAPWebconsole and other site using new techniques, like AJAX. But till today, I did not find a browser, that supports all needed functions. Already checked Mobile Opera, minimo, netfront and others.

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are running CK30 on SAP Webconsole patch 19. The screen resolution is low and it is very hard to get all data on the screen. If I use the intermecDisplayer.dll it doesn't show the fields, but I can see that the spacing is optimized.

Does anyone know where I can get the "updated version" of the intermecDisplayer.dll ? At least the name of the company?

Thanks

Leonardo De Araujo