cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Split on Invoice

0 Kudos

Hello Experts -

My requirement is that delivery shows batch splits at Item Level, but my Invoice is combining it to Header Level. Now I know we can do this by configuration, but this is only for one country and we cannot change configuration for global ! How we can achieve this through development ? Any clue ? Also this is for same print program which is being used by 6 output types, and I want this to function only for 3 output types ! I can build a routine in print program but unable to get the process on how it will trigger at real time.

rgds.Ameet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't see what is the issue here:

Option 1: use a different set of item categories only for this specific sales organization and make adjustments to the smartform, which will be valid only for this sales organization (or use whatever meaningful criteria, which comes to mind).

Option 2: persuade everybody to use item level pricing, then adjust the smartform to print for the other organizations the total on header level, for the 'special' one - you will print price per item.

In case of some localizations it could happen that the second option is not acceptable - check with the localization experts or with Finance - they usually know these specifics very well.

In both cases - the hardest part is the business decision - what is really needed and what they will agree to have, if all insist to stick to the global template.

One more thing - if you are using pre-printed forms for this special country and now you introduce item level pricing - don't forget to check if you can fit all data from the billing document on the same page.

0 Kudos

Hello Veselina - As I mentioned, we cannot make any changes to customizing as its a global item category and copy control. Any suggestion from print program ?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then create separate item categories for this special case as I mentioned in option 1. You are not touching the global item categories, just creating localized ones.

Global customizing remains 'global' until it does not introduce bigger problems than the ones it aims to solve.

Any suggestion from print program ?

If you are not allowed to perform any configuration changes, just modifying the print program won't help much, because you need to print more detailed data than what you have now.

I actually expected to have some logic in the smartform, not in the print program. Before you start any changing print programs or print forms, you need to know what to change, in your case - from where you will retrieve the data, which you haven't determined yet.