Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replenishment upto Maximum Stock level with rounding

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

My users want to use MRP Replenishment with Reorder point up to Maximum Stock level with rounding of qty of Lot.

Unfortunately the system apply rounding after Lot quantity determination, and the maximum Stock level is exceeded.

In the follow pictures i show master data and the result of planning.

Reorder point is 30 and Actual stock is 26, while Max. stock level is 110 and Rounding 40.

During planning system create a planned Order for 120 pieces, because it rounds the qty from 84 (110-26) to 120 because it applies Rounding.

Unfortunately this qty exceed the maximun Stock level and it's wrong for us. We'd like then system round the lot to 80 pieces in order to respect maximum stock level. Can tell me if is possible and how to setup this strategy.

Thanks for your help.

Claudio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I suggest you to read carefully the following consulting note:

MRP: Rounding and minimum/maximum quantity

This note explains that you must specify a minimum or a maximum lot size as a multiple of the rounding value.

Best regards,

Caetano Almeida

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I read the note and the description of your system behavior and I don't think that they fit. Perhaps you have implemented the following modification note on your system:

180592 - Maximum stock level with rounding

If this is the case, you may have to remove it.

Regards,
Caetano

claudio_carrara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank-you Caetano

Note 180592 is teh right solution. Now my system works exactly how my users need.

Thanks for your help.

Claudio

Answers (0)