Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to like a "root" comment

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I take this as example: Urgent Urgent please help - SAP Answers

As you can see from my screenshot

I cannot put a "LIKE" on Veselina's answer while I can do it on mine  and Sujith's one.

Even more, I see the "action" button but it does nothing (no, it's not a glitch in my pic, it's the empty box appearing)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was not a comment, hence no LIKE

It was an answer, she had answered this question. Answers can only be upvoted or downvoted

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clearification, Jurgen (and I do not deny it has been already explained somewhere).

Still it's confusing for old dinos like me 😐

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is hard to distinguish comments from answers, actually the like and vote option is almost the only indicator.

Next to Veselina's name it shows "answered", while there is no indication next to the name of the other participants, this could also taken as hint to differentiate answers from comments.

I am already pretty sure that quite a lot effort in future moderation will be to switch comments to answers and answers to comments since this is a feared area of confusion.

Maybe some color in this blazing white pages could make the difference more visible.

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This raises another question: if I read a wrong answer (i.e. "Modify directly MARA table, do not worry), I surely down vote it but I also want to answer/comment explaining what and why it's wrong, it has to be an answer (loosing the "tree" of answer-comments) or just a comment, loosing the answer status?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not really care about the tree (I have also never chosen this form of display in the current SCN), as this is anyway not understood by many. I see this often when people add their answers to my answer instead of replying to the original question. Sometimes it makes me a feel like being stupid and the other one tried to correct me.

Also displaying the correct answer directly to the question seems to be a good idea but with most questions that have 10 and more replies this answer has finally pretty less to do with the original question, and just reading question and this answer would not give any clue why this was the correct answer.

So you would need to rearrange the answers anyway by time to understand the whole discussion

Answers (0)