cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.4 SPS15 +patches - Identity Management not possible.

teddylv_andersen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP'pies.

After patched a SAP Netweaver 7.4 Java only stack from SPS13 to SPS15 I'm not able to open the details of users in Identity Management screen.

I can find users, but as soon as I select the user to copy, delete, unlock or generate password, the change password, it show the "Details of User" section but the clock is going round and keep going round. I never come to the point where I can maintain the user, I can't even display the different  tabs.

Any advise before I open an SAP Incident is aprisiated.

Best regards,

Teddy

New - seen in Message Monitoring too (pimon)

Cannot process an HTTP request to servlet [XINwaRedirect.jsp] in [pimon] web application. [EXCEPTION] com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.WebServletException: Web Container cannot put into service the following class [null].The error is [java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.Object.hashCode() of a null object loaded from local variable 'key'].

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

teddylv_andersen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The issue has been isolated to concern Microsoft IE. There is NO issue in Chrome or Firefox. I'll update as soon as the issue is solved in IE. 🙂 Teddy

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Please go to Java Applications and check your REST service.

Restart it and try again.

2) Restart the whole Java Engine.

Unfortunately it seems that this is NW error and not an IDM one

Check out this note:

https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/preview/en/2361432

Regards,

Todor

teddylv_andersen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Todor.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I actually restarted the complete system and went straight into Identity Management, just to see the same result - clock going round and round.

And yes I agree, looks like a NW issue rather than a IDM issue as we also seen the issue on/off in pimon.

I'll have another look into the developer traces to see if I can find further info.

Regards, Teddy

Now looked into a lot of the areas in NWA, the issue is the same in a lot of areas.