cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYSTEM password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is there any command to get/capture the SYSTEM password. I need to capture it and put in a script ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If a password becomes visible, then, I wonder there is no need for using any password anywhere. You have to capture the password like our Friend Mr Murali mentioned & then use that encrypted password or better why not ask the system admin for the password & just use that. Ha Ha Ha..

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no way to display system user password , as the user will be stored in an encrypted format.

1. create the hdbuserstore key for SYSTEM user and use the same to login to the system .

2. create a separate user eg : BKPMON and hdbuserstorekey for backup purposes and use this key in the script

jitendra_kumar01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks for your reply,

For a single container system we can create a new user do the backup task. Could you please tell how it would be for MDC system.

BR

jitendra

jitendra_kumar01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

May I know what is your scenario here.what did you want to do by capturing the password.

Best regards

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using chef to update the HANA backup script. The backup scripts need SYSTEM password to be updated for each server. So if there is way where in I can capture or generate the SYSTEM password then I can put that in the backup script via chef 

jitendra_kumar01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi RB Infra Team,

Login with Root user

Switch to sidadm user and trigger hdbsql

Then trigger the command  below to connect the instance

c -n <server name>  -i <instance no> -u <user> -p <password>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to generate the SYSTEM password dynamically so I am looking for a way to do that.