cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new community page

Former Member
0 Kudos

I read an announcement that this space will be retired on October 10 and posting in this space will not be possible starting October 7. I need to know how I will be able to post questions after October 7 related to SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio. I visited a community page at the following link:

http://go.sap.com/community/topic/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio/all-content.html?tag=type:questi...

However, on this page, I could not find any option/link such as Start a discussion or Post new question.

Regards,

Aziz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Aziz,

This way... Click on your Profile picture:

Or go to Q&A

On the right you'll see this:

Ask your question and the new system will be using TAGS to select, filter etc. to determine where to put them so for CR for VS be sure to select the correct TAG:

PLEASE submit an update request/feedback to add the Action links to the page you were on....

It makes much more sense to be able to post from the search page.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Don.

I followed these steps:

1. Clicked SAP Community Network | SAP

2. Clicked the profile picture

3. Clicked Ask a Question (Beta)

4. Now subject line can be written in Your question text box

5. Issue can be written in details text area

6. In Select a primary tag, I typed sap crystal reports, version for, and then selected SAP Crystal Reports, Version for Visual Studio from the Software Product list

7. Now the question can be submitted by clicking Submit your Question

I observed that steps 1 to 3 can be replaced by directly visiting this link:

https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.html

Currently, the Actions link is on this page:

All Questions - SAP Answers

However, I strongly agree that the Actions link should have been available on the dedicated community topic page as well. It should have been here as well:

All Content

In the current space, when I visit this link:

and select the Content tab, I find the Actions link. Also, I can view the latest posted content on the right that is specific to SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio.

Regards,

Aziz

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you read here Spaces and Community Topic Pages | Community Beta, you'll see that the community pages/spaces are going away in the new site.  It's all being replaced by tags.  Personally, I'm skeptical about how well that will work, but I'm willing to give it a try (I'm too active on this site not to...)  There are some additional links at the bottom of that page that talk about how the tags are supposed to work as well.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

True Dell.

New interface is based on the tagging model. I like the current space that allows me to focus exclusively on the relevant space. Hopefully, the tagging model will also make it easier to find posts related to a specific tag and I will be able to keep track of my authored posts as well as read posts of others related to the tag.

Regards,

Aziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also found that the following link makes it possible to view all questions tagged SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio in the new community platform:

All Questions in SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio - SAP Answers

Regards,

Aziz

Answers (0)