cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify data from List UIBB Feeder Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

We have a scenario in which the result of a pop-up screen (OK or CANCEL button click) is sent to the PROCESS_EVENT and GET_DATA methods of a List UIBB feeder class on the page.

From the methods PROCESS_EVENT and GET_DATA we need to manipulate the entity data:

• Via one of the other feeder class methods?
  • Via some generic class that can change entity data?
  • By calling the (cross-entity) derive BAdI?

Does anyone know how to achieve this from the feeder class methods of that List UIBB?

I've already tried to modify the CT_DATA of the GET_DATA method but this returns in a short dump: "table content changed since last stop".

Thank you in advance for your input.

Kind regards,

Niels De Greef

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

varun_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niels,

For which data model you are doing this changes ? have you marked this flag EV_DATA_CHANGED = abap_true ?

You can also achieve this via implementing this badi USMD_RULE_SERVICE_CROSS_ET here you can check FPM event and do that changes .

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thank you for your response.

I'm doing this for a custom Data Model and I have indeed marked the EV_DATA_CHANGED flag.

I've also implemented the cross-entity rule service but how can I call it from my feeder class since I need to execute it after my pop-up has been closed?

former_member219747
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niels,

Please check section 8 & 9 of the below doc.

http://go.sap.com/documents/2015/07/d0d3a551-5b7c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.html

hope this helps you.

Regards,

Mrityunjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mrityunjai,

I was able to delete or write entity data with the use of the Convenience API in the PROCESS_EVENT method of the feeder class.

However the data is not visible on the UI unless I execute the FPM_REFRESH event again (by pressing enter in another field for example). I tried to manually trigger the FPM_REFRESH event, after I updated the data, but the data is still not updated in the List UIBB.

Is there some way of refreshing the data behind a List UIBB from any FPM/UIBB class?

Kind regards,

Niels De Greef