Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Budget Exceeded Error BP603

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi All,

We are facing ‘Budget Exceeded Error message BP603’ & need your help if you’ve come across similar scenario as below.

I have created a PR with two line items 10 and 20 with respect to same WBS element. AVAC – against Budget Release and WBS still has ‘Available’ Budget as per Report & CJ33. For Ex: Release budget = USD 1000

PR Created against WBS with Line item 10 Ex: Qty 5 EA and Unit value $100. Line item 20 Ex: Qty 5 EA and Unit value $50. Hence, Total PR value = $750. Now, a PO is posted w.r.t. PR Line item 10 is created for 1EA @$150. Another PO in ref to PR Line item 10 is being Created Qty - 1EA. @ $150.

Now, again try posting a PO w.r.t. PR Line item 10 for 1EA @$150 & 2 EA. for Line item 20 @ $100. System is throwing Error: Budget Exceeded by $50. 

Client states the Unit rate may be high for a particular period & be Low in next period. Hence, we don’t want System to Calculate in above manner: Sum of posted values + Remaining Qty * Unit price (of ALL Line items), if that is how System does the AVAC Check.

Q: How do I correct above scenario to make subsequent PO Posting (in ref to PR) without the Error?. Is the System calculating Sum of posted values + Remaining Qty * Unit price (of ALL Line items) & hence Budget Exceeded Error?

Ref SCN forum: https://scn.sap.com/thread/3465612 https://scn.sap.com/thread/1214820

Budget exceeded - Msg no BP603- While Deleting ... | SCN

-thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

In the above mentioned case , as PR is committed against WBS.

run t-code CJBV for AVAC activation and try again,

if same error repeats then reconstruct AVAC for project with t-code CJBN and they try to create PO.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In simple terms, unit price change cannot be handled in Budgetting, in case of change, Budget needs to be adjusted, thats what i feel.

In standard budgetting / AVAC, i dont think you can acheive this. since system blindly checks the value based on Actuals + Commitment, it will not take based on quantity or Units.

Regards

Terence

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.