cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yMKT on an SAP CRM HANA system - what does 'shared HANA' mean and what is 'business data directly accessed my yMKT'?

0 Kudos

I understand that Hybris Marketing can be deployed on an SAP CRM system running on HANA. Then they do share the same HANA database and then guides do refer to somewhat is called 'shared HANA'. But what does that look like? Does it mean to 'share' tables? What would a shared table be? Would yMKT access e.g. BUT000 ?

After having 50 views for this question but no answer maybe to make clear, what i mean, it is from this document (slide 18), i wonder about this statment

' SAP CRM business data is directly accessed by yMKT '
So no loading-/delta-/replication-/updating stuff? The CRM tables like BUT000 are there and yMKT takes what it needs?? And would it even write back?? (There ist output data like target groups..)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40a00473-1f7a-3110-21ba-ce73b8a6e...

Deployment of SAP hybrisMarketing

Add-On Deployment with shared ABAP and SAP HANA system

Possible Exception

(“Hardware minimized deployment with SAP CRM on SAP HANA”)

yMKT locally integrated with SAP CRM

yMKT co-deployed on AS ABAP and SAP HANA system of SAP CRM

SAP CRM business data is directly accessed by yMKT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nicolae_ciumac
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

This is not a recommended option, it's a possible exception.

In this case - yes, yMkt would be reading from CRM tables, in order to, for example, extract hybris marketing contacts from existing CRM Business Partners.

But generally, yMkt doesn't write back to the Business Partner CRM-tables; some write-back exceptions exist (to transfer target groups created in yMkt to CRM for example - but meanwhile even these features are recommended to be handled in yMkt, without a back-integration to CRM).

You will find the general recommendation on slide 15 and more reasonable alternatives on slides 16 and 17.

Regards,

Nico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

The slides from the link above are until 1508 (version 1.1). For 1511 onwards a new slide deck is valid: https://eaexplorer.hana.ondemand.com/rest/mimeRepositories/11191/file/LandscapeRecommendations_SAP_h...

Please note that the rating Co-Deployment on the same ABAP server has been changed to "Not Supported". A separate ABAP server is required. Nevertheless, both systems can share the same HANA instance, so that yMKT can directly retrieve data from CRM tables as indicated by Nico.

Best regards,

Michael