cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an assembly order from a sales order

Former Member

Hello experts,

I am doing an exercise from SAP SD certification book TCM60. this exercise is in unit 6: Sales and distribution processes with make-to-order production. I have created an standar order with three materials. The first one has strategy group 82 in MRP3 and BOM. The other two are refeenced to the first by higher item level. When order is complete, I save it and number is generated. According to SAP SD exercise, I should go to first item schedule line displaying the sales order and then go to procurement. However I do not see any assembly order. How could an assembly order be created automatically from a make-to-order in sales and distribution module?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to maintain BOM & Routing for the required order.

Regards,

Radheshyam.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you said that strategy group 82 is maintained, not sure whether you also have checked whether the check box for Assembly order is ticked in schedule line category configuration.  Similarly, in material master, for the field "Individual/Collective", it should be 2 in MRP4 view.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Material field "Individual/Collective" is 2 in MRP4 view as you said.

However, I am not sure about: "you also have checked whether the check box for Assembly order is ticked in schedule line category configuration." Do you mean the highlighted check box on the image below?

I have marked that option. CP is the schedule line category for my item. Still assembly order is not created automatically.

Regards.