cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With Write HCM Employee to SAP Master IDM 7.2

Morley
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here is the issue when the VDS receives data from ERP HCM it kicks off the Task 189/Write HCM Employee to SAP Master but it never hits Task 227/Write HCM Employee to SAP Master and therefore the job 1835/Write HCM Employee to SAP Master never gets run.  I can see in MXP_PROVISION where hit calls 189 with state 2 - "Running. The job is currently executing" but it never runs.  Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried doing a test provisioning task to see if anything happens directly on the task?

Morley
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here are some screen shots:

brandonbollin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Right off, I can see your status code from the last run is -1. Do look in your log files too see what caused that error. If there's nothing there that stands out, try doing a forced restart of the job.

Morley
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yeah,  I have tried al of that but still an issue.

brandonbollin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

At this point, you might be best serviced calling in some consulting work. There's obviously something going on under the hood that isn't immediately visible and without access to your IDM MMC and database, I really can't give a good answer on this. Maybe has an opinion after looking at the screenshots? If not, his company could be utilized for consulting work as well.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

brandonbollin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you provide some screenshots on how all your tasks in the Write HCM Employee to SAP Master tasks are configured? Specifically the options tabs of all the tasks? I once saw an environment that had a delay before start configured for 30 weeks! It was only supposed to be 30 minutes but someone had accidentally changed the minutes to weeks in that setting so everything just suddenly halted. Don't ask me how.

There could be other things too so, share those tabs' screenshots with the group and we might be able to see something.

Morley
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have uploaded some screen shots.

todor_boyadzhiev
Participant
0 Kudos

Check out the VDS log as well.

It might contain some error like "Wrong Certificate" or "Username and pass error" - usually this wont appear in IDM logs and it will block the execution.

Another thing to have a look at is the Provisioning Queue. This might block the execution again.

Third thing is - have a look at NW Logs. It might give you a clue for another error.

If nothing of this helps - try to recreate the configuration of the HCM in IDM. The link between the two jobs might have been broken somehow.

Regards,

Todor

Morley
Explorer
0 Kudos

No issue in VDS, Recreated Staging area and nothing in logs.

Morley
Explorer
0 Kudos

Still not working.

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Morley,

Which scenario are using?

If you use the standard scenario then the first task checks for the availability of the SYSUNAME.

If this is the case then the job will be aborted.

Please confirm?

Regards,

Ridouan

Morley
Explorer
0 Kudos

No this task is disabled

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Morley,

Check if the task is enabled and dispatcher is assigned to the task and also if dispatcher is running.

Kind regards,

Jai

Morley
Explorer
0 Kudos

Myself and another co-worker have been looking at this for about a week.  The task is enabled, it is assigned to the correct dispatcher and the dispatcher is running.  Other jobs run on the dispatcher and they work fine.