Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sybase Dbcokpit ASE Error SQL1105][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have encounter error in db02 :

ASE Error SQL1105][SAP][ASE ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'saptools' because 'logsegment' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE to increase the size of the segment

Could not get lock for execution

Check  syabse sid log :same error above and The db log is off status.

Also showing the database saptool log free 2MB .Kindly advice.Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I am getting below error:

1>  disk resize name='saptools_log_001', size='250MB'

2> alter database saptools log on saptools_log_001=250

CREATE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the device 'saptools_log_001' has no space available either for log or for data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

were you able to resize the saptools_log_001 successfully. check the file system and if free space permit the resize again with 512 and try to alter database with size 250

share the results.

Regards

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil, Suppose to use "" double quote  it able to extended .I suspect this log will increase again.can u advice best practice follow this log maintain.thanks

disk resize name="saptools_log_001", size="250M"

alter database saptools log on saptools_log_001="250M"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

if you do not want to maintain the logs, we can set tuck on checkpoint parameter true. this shall not allow to grow your log segment.

also refer the following snote.

1615695 - SYB: 'saptools' database running out of space

1687320 - SYB: 'saptools' database running out of space (2)

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunil,

Again saptools log is full.error repeat .Assist to gv isql cmd steps to stop.Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

you can increase the space for the movement and thereafter perform as per the snote shared earlier to purge the data.

share the output of

sp_helpdb saptools

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

sunil,

launchpad sap market place is down since morning.a u able to acess.

victoria_normand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

Please run in this way (assuming that your log device is named "saptools_log_001", you can confirm that with an "sp_helpdb saptools" on isql session):

use master

go

disk resize name = "saptools_log_001", size = "250M"

go

-- if the disk resize doesn't return error , run this to add the new space to your saptools:

alter database saptools log on saptools_log_001 = "250M"

go

If any error, please send an output of:
use master
go
sp_helpdevice saptools_log_001
go
sp_helpdb saptools
go

Just for reference (when you'll launchpad running): SAP Note 1836607 - How to solve error 1105 "Can't allocate space for object..." in saptools database - SAP AS...

Regards,
Victoria.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi maria,

Thanks for yr response.I can extend the space but issue last sat i added then is increase back.what is the issue keep increase and which previosuly not increase .wat s the step disable the this log and is there any impact db if we switch off saptools log.thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

please execute following isql to turn on tran trucking for log.

isql -w999 -Usapsa -P<sapsa Password> -S <SID> -X

use master

go

sp_dboption saptools, 'trunc',true

go

checkpoint

go

Hope this help you.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil, very thanks your update.I want to confirm with u same error i received whn was activated  db log then i do trans log backup will clear.curently db log i hv disabled why same error i received. Previously saptools log was not full.could you confirm.thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

The same you need to do for database 'saptools' also so that the transaction log can be clear, please change the trunck log parameter and take backup of saptools and then dump tran.

Regards

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

as per the error log, your saptools database logsegment is full. you are increase the saptools database size by below mention commands.

# login to isql

isql -w999 -Usapsa -P<sapsa password> -S <SID> -X

use master

go

disk resize name='saptools_log_001',size='1G'

alter database saptools log on saptools_log_001=1024

This should help you,

share if you face any issue.

Regards

Sunil