Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVT Production scenario

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear community

recently we have successfully done an upgrade of SAP ERP. Therefore we should have the up to date OSS notes in the system. But still we can see issues in production scenario in calculating the amount of tracked substance; we can not explain the results in SVT. We have used any available "on top" SAP report to detect the topic without success.  The calculation via "hand and poket calculator" looking on the movement types etc. we can only confirm that the systme does not track correct (does not calculate correct).

This is problem one:

1.) if during a production one material is booked more than one time in the same amount (may be error booking) we get "doubling" of amount in SVT. (that means we have one + booking (put on stock) one - blocking (remove from stock or cancellation) and additionl + (put on stock) booking on same date for same material)

e.g. you have then e.g. 100 kg booked positive, then negative, and once again positve (alwasy with same amount

=> do you face the same issue that amounts are sometimes "doubled"?

Second issue. Because of some reasons  material A is "produced" by B only. A and B does have the same composition. Now the system seems not to be able to "calculate "correct. In this case at the end result should be "0" for tracked substance. But the tool seems not to consider the "input"

We can not exclude the production order via "type" of production but in any case: result is simply wrong

Example: 1000 kg A should be produce using 1000 kg B. As composition is the same thet racked substance must be "0" (no added value). But the tool detect the !000 kg"  only and does not reduce that by the 1000 kg.

Have you seen this in your system as well?

C.B:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

For issue #2, you are talking about a kind of purification process? So the BOM for 1000 kg of material B contains only 1000 kg material A and both A and B are assigned to the same REAL_SUB? In that case I agree that the tracked amount should sum up to zero. But I'm not sure I corerctly understodd your data maintenance.

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ralph

think about as: one FERT and one HALB are attached to same REAL_SUB. Using a production order (i will not expalin details) the "transfer"  of "HALB" to "FERT" is done.

Inpput is e.g. 100 kg; output 100 kg.  But tool calculate only "100 kg" output; and therefore the values are to high in SVT

C.B.

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

I assume that SVT is customized to consider HALBs. If so I cannot think what the cause could be, sorry.

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ralph

your assumption is correct. Before our release upgrade we have had the problem; and we still have it. But it is more or less quite !"impossible" to "debug" the SVT process and to check why this  happened, And if you use the SAP reports: then there is no indicaiton regarding the reason of the finding,.

And highest concern is still. Even if SAP is clearly willing to support via OSS communication there is still a lot of "doubts" to identify the reason. We will investigate in any case and try to generate similar data on "Quality system"; but topic is not that easy.

C.B.

PS: and using CBRC10 does not help either  But for daily business CBRC10 is a good option to check SVT "Status"

PPS: we will use the "Restart" report as well to try to figure out what will happen; but i am not sure if this report will correct the situation

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Just to verify: the FERT material will be increased by 100 kg in SVT. But the tracked PURE_SUB should not be increased. Did you check the increase by material or by PURE_SUB?

Ralph