cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MasterCard is introducing a new series of Bank Identification Numbers (BINs) that begin with "2" (e.g. 222100-272099)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Effective October 14, 2016, MasterCard is introducing a new series of Bank Identification Numbers (BINs) that begin with "2" (e.g. 222100-272099).

Payment Card Check FM for Master Card - CCARD_CHECK_MC check first position of card number equal to "5".

This value is hard coded using constant and hence we are unable to use the number beginning with "2".

I opened a SAP ticket and got the reply:

Currently there are no plans to release an update to the validation check code as part of the standard release.  However, you are free to modify or create your own versions of the functions, CCARD_CHECK_MC and BUP_CCARD_CHECK_MC to include the new BIN ranges as required.

Looks like the only solution at this point is to clone the CCARD_CHECK_MC to Z FM and then use that in Payment Card Type - Check.
Wanted to check how other have handled this situation.
Thanks,
Briston

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Yes, it is true SAP Development Support has no plans to release any SAP Standard release on BIN range extension for MasterCard.

We have inquired about it and received same reply from them.

Ideally, an standard release should be out from SAP as globally thousands of customers are going to be affected who are having credit card system operational in their SAP.

I think by defining "2" under MC_LEADING_DIGIT will handle new BIN series of MC under Z-FM not sure about any other checks to consider or not as rules for existing BIN series "5" will be applicable for "2".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuj,

So your recommendation is to modify the CCARD_CHECK_MC FM  to allow "2" series for master card.

Thanks,

Briston

0 Kudos

I am still analyzing at my end. You can also check at your end in sandbox system.

I will update asap if i have something worthy to share.