Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation view - No results - when input is blank

former_member224444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am using a calculation view in which I am using filter on MATNR using Input parameter. This input parameter is not mandatory. I will give input or I may not. If I am not giving any input it should bring all the record. But it is not bringing any result if I am not giving any input. But same scenario works fine in Analytical view.

Calculation View:

Input parameter

Filter on Material column using input parameter in projection node:

No data retrieved when not giving input to material

Analytical View:

Filter material using input material in data foundation

Data retrieved when not giving input:

Please let me know why calculation view behaves this way. If it is not a mandatory input and used for filter why is it not giving any output whereas same works fine in Analytical view.

Thanks,

Rithika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rithika,

If you are looking to pass all the material if you are passing "BLANK" value then i have a different solution to the Same. In that case you need to Give '*' in default constant value and Use IN and MATCH in Filter Expression with Multiple Entries to be ticked marked.

I  also Had the Same Requirement but by passing 'BLANK' value i was not able to get the Output .Once i done the above change i was able to get all the value by passing '*' as Default.In addition to that you can also Pass Multiple Input Parameter.

And IN Expression Use this:-

match("MATNR",$$I_MATNR$$) OR in("MATNR,$$I_MATNR$$)---If You are using SPS09 and Above .

For SPS08 and Lesser Version refer this :-

Thanks and Regards,

Anuj Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Rithika,

Please let me know if you are able to view the calculation view data when giving proper value for the i/p parameter 'MATNR'. It may be related to client value settings in the calculation view.

Thanks,

Barnali

former_member224444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barnali,

I will be able to see output if i give input in material input parameter,

only issue is if the input is blank it will not show any record. Is this standard behavior of calc view? How to rectify this??

Thanks,

Rithika

ricky_shaw
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, In the edit input dialog box, try choosing default value as 'expression' instead of 'constant'..

former_member224444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for you suggestion, i have tried editing the input parameter by changing constant to expression and given below expression

if('$$i_matnr$$','','*')

if material input is empty bring all the values, for bringing all the values i haven given '*' in else part will this work.. Below is the screenshots:

Input parameter expression

Empty input

Still no data is coming

Please let me know is there any issue in expression which i used.

Thanks

Rithika