cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Delivery / Transfer Order locked up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I desperately need some advice or help with the following issue.

In short I have royally botched up an Outbound Delivery;

I initially had the Delivery set up and a Transfer Order created from that; when my order was collected there were a number of items from the order that would not fit on the transport.

I used LT0G to return the delivery to stock with the intention to create a new Transfer Order short of the items not collected and then create a second Transfer Order to fulfil the rest of the order.

I began to create the Transfer Order from VL02N - Subsequent functions - Create Transfer Order - TO in Foreground - Pick + Putaway Qty 4;

On the second item down in the OD, I wanted to create the TO for only 1 off rather than the 3 that was on the delivery, so I only entered 1.

On the last two Items I wanted zero off so I entered zero and followed up with clicking save to create my TO.

To my surprise the TO created had the last two items that I wanted as zero; automatically added to their full qty, the second item down in the OD had gone as expected and the TO showed only 1 off rather than the 3 on the OD.

I cancelled the TO with LT15 and repeated the exercise above to ensure I had not made a mistake with the last two items, again I had the same result.

Realising that entering a qty of zero for items on creation of a TO was not an option I went cancel the TO again to try a different approach - possibly adjust the qty's on the OD and then create a new OD from the Sales Order to fulfil the rest of the order - - -

This is where I messed up, instead of cancelling the TO I confirmed it without thinking (I know yes it was stupid and I should have been paying more attention to what I was doing but it was late in the afternoon and I was in a hurry to produce the driver his paperwork to have it signed.)

Now if I try LT0G the order is locked up with a little lock symbol - if further I try LT0G from TO item view there are lines I can select but when I attempt to return to stock I get a little lightening symbol and no explanation why it will not complete the function.

Various other staff at my company have attempted to resolve the issue and failed including our IT dept.

Being that the operational function of the Transfer Order is to move the items to the temporary bin of the Outbound Delivery; one of my colleagues moved the qty of two that had been left off of the Transfer Order; to the Outbound Delivery using a manual TO LT01 – that TO has also been confirmed and is not reverseable.

This is where it is now – I cannot complete the order nor can I undo the issue with the intention to begin again from the start.

One idea I have is that possibly there may be a way to create a TO to move the items back from the temporary bin of the OD; back into stock thus allowing me to delete the OD but I don’t know how that could be done.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has now been solved.

used LT01 to move offending items from the OD back to stock,

created new OD from sales order for outstanding items

both OD's goods issued.

fin.