Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC: Origin of REQUEST_INITIATOR

former_member201064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

what neither any documentation nor any thread / Kais blog has answered me:

To what value has the REQUEST_INITIATOR / repository constant %$REP.grc_requestor_initsystem% be set? Where does it origin?

Someone said something like "set it to something meaningful", in Kais blog it's blacked out.

Is it really the name of the SM59 "HTTP Connection to External Server" I created in part 4.4.5 according to the config guide? I named it NW_IDM72 and put that value to the repository constant. Still I receive the error "Invalid request initiation system". Leaving the value blank says something like "enter mandatory field". The "Invalid request initiation system" is the most detailed error message we get, I don't think there's more. SOAMANAGER shows the same error message, so there's nothing to gain tracing there.

We tried it out with the rfc user we also use for CUA as well as my own user, both have SAP_ALL/SAP_NEW rights.

Our SAP basis guy thought it may be some firewall issue, but there is none.

Is there anything I am missing? Can someone confirm that it's really the SM59 name

Best regards

Dominik Trui

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

did you have a look at note 1991057?

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1991057/E

Regards

Norman

former_member201064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the note. Actually I checked the application table when doing the implementation in our sandbox system but forgot to check it now for the dev system. Too blind to see the obvious.

Yet, after all we tried, the entry doesn't get loaded into the application table:

At first (before asking here) I thought it had something to do with the missing entry for the "11" (chapter 4.4.5 step 3 of the Config Guide) in English and German. It was only available in French though. But even after adding the 11 while logged in with French it didn't work out. I also changed the logon language to FR, didn't help either. Now we added the 11 for EN and DE with descriptions, same result.

The dev GRC works, they do customizing and tests there an.

I now (half an hour ago) deleted the entry in "Maintain connector settings as well as the entry in SM59. After readding them and maintaining the description for EN the same error occurs.

If I do a connection test in the SM59 this message appears in the VDS:

"LDAP Message Handler for Session id=2: Connection error: Read tag Application 7 but expected Universal Sequence (of) (offset 2)"

Message in SM59:

"Connection to partner broken" with a green checkbox infront. If I change the port or the user, I get a corresponding error message.

Any other ideas how we could get the entry in the table aka solve the problem with the connctor?

Answers (0)