cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KPI Modeler - Could not open app. Try again later.

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm intending to run Fiori apps for Extended Warehouse Management, which are based on KPI tiles. To get started with the KPI tiles, I have put the basic configuration in place such as the webdispatcher pointing at my ABAP and HANA box. I have also given myself authorisation to the KPI modeler and have configured the right SICF nodes.

I can see that the Fiori tiles are being loaded from the ABAP system and that the tile information is dynamically loaded from the HANA box. However, when I try to start one of the tiles, this results in: "Could not open app. Try again later".

When the app is being started, the Launchpad is trying to load:

https://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/~22D281971E089897CB84FF2F47BF5F20~C/resources/sap/...

However, the file doesn't seem to exist, and I'm quite puzzled as to why. It seems to come from the same ICF node as the Fiori launchpad, so it should be bundled with Fiori I suppose. Could it be a version conflict or perhaps an additional component that I need to install that takes care of this?

I also noticed that my tiles indicate "Static App Launcher" in it main title. This also doesn't seem right compare to other KPI tiles I have seen on SCN. Perhaps that's a hint as well?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have received the correct answer through Global Support. Former Member was almost right with his suggestion to install the UISKPI01 package. However, UISKPI01 is current not supported anymore (see note 2183947). Instead, package UISAFND1 100 needed to be installed on the (ABAP/GW) front-end server to solve this issue.

rkaouass
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jan for your feedback.

I will check the note and be sure to remember it, because the course (SAPX03) still mention the deprecated UISKPI01 Software Component

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think it's great if you could pass that feedback to the course organisers. Excellent job, thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rkaouass
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

the KPI Modeler need to be install on the SAP NW Gateway (and I think also on HANA XS Engine)

For the SAP NW Gateway, you must install the SC: UISPKI01 100

Is it the case?

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I did install KPI Modeller etc on the HANA box already. That's why the tiles get content.

But... I don't have UISKPI01 it on my ABAP front-end though. I'll have a chat with our basis team to see if this package is applicable to our version (7.5).

rkaouass
Explorer
0 Kudos
jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hey Rachid, we have just imported this package, but I'm afraid this still doesn't solve the issue.

If you have any other suggestions, please do feel free...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also noticed that we now have a new SICF and UI5 app available for KPI Modelling after we installed the UISKPI01 component:

https://server:host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ca_kpi/modeler/index.html?sap-client=300&sap-ui-language=EN&s...

This looks right to me, but I'm puzzled why I can't launch this app from the modeling tiles in the Launchpad.

rkaouass
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes this component provide the new KPI Modeler available in the Fiori Launchpad.

Can you display the error from the Console (F12 on Google Chrome).

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Which backend system is this? If it's 1511 there's a known issue where you need your frontend and backend support packages to match, ,e.g. 1511 SP2 in both front and backend.

Don't worry about the missing resource... they are dynamically determined. However you do need to make sure the correct OData services are activated. The correct ones are these:

SMART_BUSINESS_DESIGNTIME_SRV 0001

SMART_BUSINESS_RUNTIME_SRV 0001

Activate those, clear your caches as per usual and see how you go. You should find an improvement.

Rgds

Jocelyn

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ow shucks. Should have mentioned that it's not S4/HANA, but EWM on Netweaver 7.5, in combination with HANA Live (business accelerator). EWM runs on HANA though. Our landscape is best described in the picture below.

I have had a look if I can find the OData services mentioned there anyway, but they're missing...

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok then make sure you have activated the Smart Business OData services for the Smart Business Foundation Component as well as Extended Warehouse Management.  It's a bit different pre-S/4 and I haven't done that myself... so try the doco and give it a go.