cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material determination many to many

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to set many to many material determination in sales order?

Example: I have 5 units of materialA and they should be replaced by 3 units of MaterialB or  2units of MaterialC.

Could someone give advice how to solve that?

Best regards, Eugene.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, as i metioned above, i know how standart material determination and substitutuion works.

My question is how to get 2pcs. of materialB instead 5 pcs. of materialA. (If i know that 1pcs MaterialB contains 3pcs. MaterialA).

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Double click on "Material Field" in VB11 and system will take you to a screen where you can maintain multiple materials.

Regards

Kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,  Kamlesh,

I think you misunderstood my problem. I don't want to change one material with another in ratio 1:1. I want to replace materials in SO by using my custom ratio - 5 units of materialA should be change with 2 units of material C. I know that it could be work if i have meters and cantimeters the ratio will be 1 to 100, but i can't set ratio for the same measure of 2 materials - units.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

You can achieve this by maintaining condition records in vb11,first lets your actual material was A and would like to determine like material B and C.So first maintain records for A and B,after B and C.So while entering sales order first enter your actual A material and it will replace by B and again enter in 2nd line item enter B then it will replaced by c and you can change quantity manually as per desire.

Thanks,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Praveen, i already know about vb12 and material condition records, but my main goal is to get new material with proper quantity, based on ratio between materialA and materialB. Because if I will get 1:1 replacement, for 5 materialA i will get 5 materialB, and there could be problem if i have only 2 of MatB in stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I hope you can understand now.. and check MRP indicator which help to determine the substitute item of stock or substituted item is not available then system will substitute other material.

Thanks,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Praveen.

My question is not how to replace 1 MaterialA with 1 MaterialB or 1 MaterialC.

My problem is - that i have 5 MaterialA and want to replace it with 2 MaterialB (Each B contains 3 A).

Is it possible to recalculate quantities during substitution?