cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between resource hierarchy and line hierarchy

0 Kudos

Good morning Ladies and gentlemen,

I'm a key-user PP-PI and I must work on a PP-REM project. I read a lot of documentation about it, But I have some difficulties to understand the difference between the resource hierarchy and the line one.

In the SAP language, I think line and resource are different but I don't know what is it..

Resource is a specific word to PP-PI and line for REM ?

Could you help me ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lucile,

Resource or workcenter is an organizational unit that defines where and when an operation must be performed

in REM Scenario we will produce same product over a period of time hence same machines (Production lines / Work centers) can be used for long time

but in PP(Discrete manufacturing) / PP-PI (Process manufactruing) the products may varies based on order hence we will use different machine to produce different products based on order 

The functionality of Resource / Line(Work center) will be same, i.e. the Machine or Group of machines / Labour / Group of labour we will create it as a machine based on industry type we will define whether it is Resource / Line (Work center)

In PP-PI we will cal it is as a Resource with machine category 008 transaction code CRC1  and PP (Discrete / REM we will call it as a Work center with machine category 001) Transaction code CR01

refer the below threads for better understanding

Relation between Process Order and Work Center | SCN

difference between "Resource" and "work center" | SCN

Regards,

Venkatesh..

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your quick answer ! it'very clear now.

Answers (0)