Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Element 'Save As' Option Grayed Out After Document Save

mgrackin
Contributor
0 Kudos

BusinessObjects 4.2, SP3

Developers (NOT Administrators) who have been granted the rights to 'Publish' and 'Insert' Shared Elements lose the ability to save Shared Elements from a Webi document after the document has been saved.  Administrators can still save Shared Elements from a Webi document after saving the document but the Save As option is grayed out for developers after saving the document.

Has anyone else seen this behavior with BusinessObjects 4.2, SP3?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may required to check the below rights has been granted to your user in Web Intelligence Application  who is facing this issue.

• Sharing - insert shared elements
  • Sharing - publish shared elements

If you still have issues, Then you need to check whether there is an WebI GUI customization setup for your Development User group?

Thanks

Mani

mgrackin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions.  As per my original note, I did assign these rights to the developers so that isn't the issue.  The strange thing is that developers can save Shared Elements from a brand new Webi document before saving it.

I also checked the GUI customizations as you suggested just in case there was an issue there and they all look good.  The Shared Elements checkboxes are all checked.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior?  Anybody willing to test to see if you can duplicate this?

Thanks!