cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I delete a folder from PD 16.6 Library ?

0 Kudos

Hi every one, I´m using PD 16.6 repository and I´ve created some folders on the Library share documents but I cant delete the folders.]

I´m the ADM of the repository and have full permission.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In these kind of scenarios, I would generally go in the Folder Permission & will give permission to Everyone to Modify/Delete, maybe referred to as Full Access in the Security Tab. Then I would come back here & will definitely get the delete option still if not logged in as Administrator. Maybe you are logged on having the full rights, but its possible that for your user login the rights were excluded from that local folder rights.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all, it seems, that you are not logged in as ADMIN (initially created during repository installation), but as user TER72549.

Then I think, that there is difference between Library folders created manually (by user) and folders created automatically (by PD). Those manually created folders can be deleted by standard means and regarding those automatically folders, they cannot be IMHO deleted. You can just not use them. They will do you no harm.

Tested on PD versions: 16.6.1.1. and 16.5.5.3.

Phillip, were you really able to delete any of those implicit folders in Library?

Ondrej

0 Kudos

I think you are right ! I changed the name for the folders but they were cerated  by default for the PD.

My user is adm but tried with the ADM too, and the delete option for this folders on the library just dont apperar. You look on the manual (CORE FEATURES) and there isnt nothing to explain how the LABRARY Works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is true, there is nothing about the disability to delete these standard folders in documentation. But simple not using these folders solves the problem sufficiently. If you are satisfied with the answers here, mark this thread as answered (by choosing the correct answer).

Ondrej

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

No.

I can't delete the folders created by system.

But the user clearly stated that he created folders.

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried it and it worked for me.

I am on 16.6.1. I clicked the folder and selected  Delete.

What error did you get?

0 Kudos