cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP RFC Configuration and CCMS BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colleagues,

Still, I can't find a conscious answer on my question related to reading monitoring data from SAP. In the very ancient documentation I found there are some CCMS BAPI's in the system for the purpose, so I can employ them if the system release id lower than 7.20.  Once it is >=7.20, I can use SAPControl soap interface to read the monitoring data (despite the fact it is a good document describes interface methods, I doesn't confirm if SAPControl replaces CCMS BAPI's or this is something else).

Nevertheless, I have tons of questions about this infrastructure. The document I found is called "XAL External Interface for Alert Management Version 1.0", which is not quite I was looking for, but better then nothing. It describes several BAPI's I can employ, but says not a word how exactly I should do that (so, completely useless from practical standpoint). The questions are:

1. How I can find required BAPI (BAPI_SYSTEM_ALERT_GETDETAILS for instance), there are hundreds of BAPI's in the library and no search tools.

2. How to call it via RFC

3. RFC/HTTP Proxy configuration, so I can make a call to created RFC from the external system;

4. RFC user creation

5. RFC call examples from the external application (using c# for instance)

6. If I create a web service with BAPI wizard, where is it hosted?

7. I can create a web service from BAPI in my IDES instance, but, by some reason I cannot do the same on NW7.4 instance hosted in CAL (it says "BAPI #### has not yet been created") am I missed something in the configuration or post-configuration steps after fresh instance creation?

8. Aside from it, what additional components may be required to make an RFC calls, RFC SDK or something more?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aleks

Did you check out these how to guides on SCN wiki regarding Technical Monitoring - System Monitoring through SAP Solution Manager?

System Monitoring - How-to Guides - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

They provide you different options (OS scripts, code, ...) on how to code your own solutions and consume them in SAP Solution Manager.

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer Tom, but I don't care about Solution Manager... I wouldn't ask if I had one in our environment )

The question is about completely different thing, e.g. what means of communication does SAP provide in order to read it's monitoring data with third-party tools (like Nagios or MS SCOM, whatsoever).

I need to understand, if there web services in place and where. Apart from web services there might me some BAPI I can employ to get monitoring data (if so, what's BAPI names and how to use them) etc.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aleks

Well, it might still be relevant in what you are looking for in the sense that Solution Manager uses RFC calls to fetch CCMS MTE data and more from a managed SAP system. So I would think you could also use that for an external tool so call a managed SAP system using the same principal.

Besides that web services are used through diagnostics agents mostly which can fetch data from different sources and locations also. Again, perhaps it can provide you some information on their mechanisms and give you some hints.

So I would look into those documents regardless of the fact that you won't use Solution Manager just to check out which methods are used where.

Further than that I wouldn't be able to help you out though, if you don't see the relevant data anywhere here I would advice to reach out to SAP. I would assume they have this information available for third party vendors to build tools.

Best regards

Tom

MarioDeFelipe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aleks

Almost everything about CCMS monitoring in SAP is in transactions RZ20 and RZ21.

RZ20 is the alert monitor itself, you can see the methods associated to each alert you want to read, in RZ21 you find the global customizing settings for the alert monitors (eg definition of remote systems or auto-reaction methods)

Lets consider always we are talking about ABAP based components and we dont require CCMS agents such as SAPCCM4X/SAPCCMSR/CCMSPING/GRMG or similar,

you will need SAP RFC SDK/Library to connect to CCMS, you must checkout note 1005832

BAPI_SYSTEM_MON_GETLIST        Read All Monitors in a Monitor Set

BAPI_SYSTEM_MON_GETTEMPLATE    Read All Monitor Templates for a Specific Monitor

BAPI_SYSTEM_MON_GETTREE        Reports the Monitor Tree

BAPI_SYSTEM_MTE_GETALERTS      Read Alerts for a Monitor Tree Element

BAPI_SYSTEM_MTE_GETGENPROP     Read General Properties of a Monitor Tree Element

BAPI_SYSTEM_MTE_GETMLCURVAL    Read Current Values of a Log Attribute

BAPI_SYSTEM_MTE_GETMLPROP      Read Specific Properties of a Log Attribute

BAPI_SYSTEM_MTE_GETPERFCURVAL  Read the Current Performance Values

BAPI_SYSTEM_MTE_GETPERFHIS     Read the Performance Data History

BAPI_SYSTEM_MTE_GETPERFPROP    Read the Specific Performance Attribute Propertie

BAPI_SYSTEM_MTE_GETSMPROP      Read the Properties Specific to a Status Attribut

BAPI_SYSTEM_MTE_GETSMVALUE     Read Current Status Attribute Values

also

BAPI_SYSTEM_ALERT* programs can have info you need.

but sorry to tell you, I am not able to find a more detailed info on how those bapis are structured, not an API.

maybe google will be better than me on that, good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your intention to help, I'm really appreciate that, but looking for the necessary information in SolMan documentation is just wrong. SAP Help portal and documentation frustrates me a lot... I spent days digging the portal and got nothing. Instead, I just got separate chunks of information that might be valuable, but there is no certainty on that as well. I saw some people came across the same problem and asked the same questions on the SCN with no luck.

==========================

Short note for SAP representatives:

Gentlemen, Help documentation is obviously a big problem, it generates more questions than answers. Instead of complaints, I honestly offer my service to bring this stuff in order, please contact if interested.

==========================

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the useful answer Mario,

Can you suggest if there is the same information available through CCMS Agents (SAPHostControl, SAPOSCOL etc.). I figured there is a possibility to use a SOAP interface (<host>:50013-14/?wsdl), but does it provide the same information to those BAPI's, that's the question?

About RFC SDK - I was looking at it as well as an option, but it seems it would only be a good way out for C++ based applications. For .NET there is an NCo connector. Can't download it, as download manager on this page is unavailable (trying to download "SAP download manager" but it only shows me a white screen)

MarioDeFelipe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexs

I do see .NET connector in http://service.sap.com/connectors

you dont need download manager to download the connector, I just tried and as soon as you click on the version you need you start downloading it immediately. you have more info here;

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000769232010D/NCo_30_Overview.pdf

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000769232010D/NCo_30_ProgrammingGuide.pdf

about your questions, my point is the following;

SAPOSCOL and SAPhostcontrol are programs that collect OS info. They are agents, not servers, then they forward that info to CCMS. Whatever you want to check will be in CCMS, in SAP, that means calling BAPIs.

I dont think that SAP exposes any of CCMS info on web service, but SAP allows to expose BAPIs as Web Services.

Now all the customers I have been in my career had SAP PI, which is a middleware from SAP, and they exposed (and consumed) WSDLs from there, but there are some ways to expose BAPIs as WSDL, I am not familiar in that part of the SAP world.

Many info oin the following post (and similar);

https://scn.sap.com/thread/820167

Good luck!