cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with NWDI setup for BPM configuration

0 Kudos

Dear NWDI Experts,

I am trying to establish the connection between NWDS and NWDI(7.5 SP4) for the NWBPM object creation ,have done the following steps:

1.Created the SWCV in the SLD and declared the dependencies as per the sap note 2313256( COMP_BUILDT, BPEM-BUILDT, BPEM-CONTENT,BPEM-COLLAB,BPEM-FACADE (for BPM public API usage),BPEM_MM,CU-BASE-JAVA,CU-BASE-WD,DATA-MAPPING,ECM-CORE,ENGFACADE,ESCONF_BUILDT,ESMP_BUILDT,FP-INFRA,FRAMEWORK,MOIN_BUILDT,SAP_BUILDT,SERVICE-COMP,WD-RUNTIME,EP-FLP)

2. have created a development track in the  CMS system, logged in the landscape configurator and  imported the  SWCV under track Data-SCs

3. Logged in the NWDS(7.31 sp17), connected to NWDI, imported the track in the NWDS, I can see the SWCV in the NWDS now, but when I am trying to create the process composer components, getting the error message as" software component does not support the selected development component type.Set the dependency to the software component containing the required development component for this type"

I am stuck here, any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Sudhir

otto_frost4
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhir,

Did you find a solution?

Same issue here but on 7.5 SP14.

Using local development I can create "Process Composer" DC.

I need to create NWDI DC and get the error message as" software component does not support the selected development component type.Set the dependency to the software component containing the required development component for this type"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir,

As far as I do understand the "SWCV " is your "development" SCA - the one that you will add your customizations (creating DCs) in.

Only this SCA should be "add"-ed in the CMS - Landscape Configurator as "Developed" one - column "Sources and Archives" check-box ticked.

The other SCAs you do mention are delivered without source code - only the build, deployable archives. They should be added as a Build-Time dependencies to your project.

If this is so, the next thing to "adding" the SCA in the Landscape Configurator is to "Import" all the SCAs defined in the development track in the CMS - Transport Studio - tab Development .

Have you successfully imported all the SCAs there?

Only when this is done, you might import the track in the NWDS.

Regards,

Answers (0)