cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Alternate materials in BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have alternate materials in BOM with different priority.

Standard allows it to use only during execution but during MRP planned order is created only for highest priority component.

BOM header is sku F.

Component is A & B , C are alternate materials.

Now we want MRP to check stock of alternate skus for net requirement planning & in case of unavialbility of stock create planned order for A only when stock of A, B & C together is not enough to fulfill demand.

Should we change MRP logic  or stay away from modifying MRP & handle using some report?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

MRP will not consider planning for all alternative materials.I doubt this we can achieve in standard SAP.

You can do enhancement for CO01/CO02 where in component overview when you do F4 on the component and  all the alternative components will show in that search help and according to that select the available material.

All Parent component and child components needs to be maintained in TMG.

Regards,

Amit Sharma

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The best option to map this scenario is to use a DIMP functionality called "interchangeability of parts". The only problem is that you must have the DIMP switch active on your system.

See the link below for more details:

MPN-MRP Set - Inventory Management - SAP Library

Regards,

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

I am trying the same.

Venkatesh,

No Planning doesn't consider alternate materials. I tried to explore Foolow up material concept but it is not useful in this case.

Thanks,

Saurabh

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

As per my understanding MRP will consider all the A, B, C components for generating proposals

but you are saying system should consider only A for dependent requirements

i'm not sure whether this meet your requirement or not. please have a look in to the below blog for discontinuation concept with BOM and Material Master

Concept of Discontinuation Data - Material Mast... | SCN

Regards,

Venkatesh..

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is not possible in satndard SAP, you may change the MRP net requirement calculation logic for stock consideration by using BAdi like MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA method CHANGE_MDPSX_MARD with your own custom logic. For more details please read the documentation of BAdi.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar