Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail Notification on Status Change in Project Documentation Tab - SOLAR01

kirankerudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to understand if there is a way to send a notification mail on status change in project documentation tab in SOLAR01.

Status change is done at attributes. After going to attributes, status is changed from IN_PROCESS to PENDING_APPROVAL. In this case, a mail has to be sent to Approver. Now approver logs in and changes the status from PENDING_APPROVAL to APPROVED or REJECTED. In this case the mail has to be sent to the initiator.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

This requirement can't be met with customizing and you need to go for development.

Kindly check below thread

Workflow for Document Approval | SCN

SOLMAN doc approval process | SCN

hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

kirankerudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for your reply.

I am really new to SOLAR01 T-Code. The link that you have shared mention something about digital signature.  I havr gone through many posts on this. Still didn't understand. Do you have any idea how can I configure event so that I could work on workflow?

Thanks,

Kiran

kirankerudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also, how can we identify that the initiator has sent it to approval and approver has either rejected or approved?

I should also be able to get the old status and new status. If I am able to get this I could solve this through workflow.

Thanks,

Kiran

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You have to use object Solmandoc for abap workflow development to trigger emails

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1890231

this should help further

Thanks

Prakhar