Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN not accepting unit of measure AU

former_member568692
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am using BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN to create Work Orders with Service Lines.  Under Service Line we are using unit of measure AU (activity units) which is accepted in IW32 transaction.  But the BAPI is throwing error "SE 284 Unit of measure for work must be a unit of time"  There is an existing OSS Note 1860901 that describes a similar issue but it is for an earlier support pack than our current one.  AU should be accepted for the Service Line but right now we can only get it to accept H (hours) or related UoM in the BAPI.  Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ryan

7 REPLIES 7

VenuAnumayam
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you tried debugging the BAPI code in Include LMLSPF51 and check why the conversion fails? It could be that AU works for IW32, may be because it does a conversion internally...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ryan,

Ravi's said is right. There is a conversion input when you pass the UOM in
BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN.

Please convert the UOM using this FM : CONVERSION_EXIT_CUNIT_INPUT when you pass the parameter UOM to BAPI.

Regards,

Yance

0 Kudos

To be more precise, there is no conversion exit execution in the BAPI, and there is one in IW32 PAI; A BAPI is not a BDC...

Ref: Internal and External Data Formats in BAPI Programming Guide Reference (CA-BFA). - Check online documentation

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have already tried passing the UoM through the conversion routine mentioned.  The BAPI does not accept either AU or LE (the converted value) and in fact when it is passed through the conversion routine the BAPI rejects it as an invalid UoM altogether.  In IW32 there is no problem with this, and we can post using a BDC but are trying to avoid this route as we have run into a lot of issues with BDC.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos

So next step is SAP bug program error, so did you look for OSS notes (e.g. 1860901 - BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN: Create service line -> error SE 284)

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Yes we looked into that OSS note but it is for a previous release/support pack and not valid for our system.  I couldn't find any other OSS notes that fit.  I have opened a ticket with SAP for a solution, seems to me the standard SAP is not working correctly at least in our systems.

former_member346846
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Ryan Hannay,

Did you have any answer by SAP to fix your problem ? I have the same problem now... I found the note 2726182 but I can't implement it.

Thanks,

JC