cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2013 - dot net 3.5 errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

i have a vb application created in visual studio. i am using Crystal reports 2013 on my development pc

the client pc has my application and the CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_17 installed.

on a windows 7 pc i have no problems

on a windows 8 pc i need to goto control panel and install the dot net 3.5 WCF components or use a offline application i have downloaded

on a windows 10 pc i have no option but to install via control panel and let it download via the internet or use the windows 8 dvd. i have failed to find an offline application to bundle with my installation.

is there anyway for me to get rid of the dot net 3.5 dependancy ?

thanks

Shaun Nadan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

I moved your post to the .NET forum.

All we can do is tell you what dependencies we need, how you get them install is a question for Microsoft.

Found this using Google:

How to instal .Net Framework 3.5 on Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

See if that helps...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks don!

is there nothing i can do from a dev point (either in crystal reports or visual studio) to change so that my reporting requires dot net 4 instead of 3.5?

would changing to crystal reports 2016 resolve this issue ?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SDK assemblies use the earlier version of .NET, so even if your application doesn't, you still need it for the SDK to work.

-Dell

0 Kudos

Correct Dell, All of the CR dependencies are still using 2.0 framework and so it's a basic requirement.

We are moving to VS 2015 compiler so I expect at some point we'll have 4.0 as the base but until then it will be required.

Don

Answers (0)