Could not create DN (Message VL473)

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

My problem is related to the following Forum -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/523001

Found the following error when creating our customized DN (Type ZLF8) -

Had already maintained the following copy controls in VTLA which should be same as the standard one, i.e. Target "LF" with Source "OR" -

Below was copied from the standard Item Cates. TAN & TANN -

Could you advise how to solve this problem ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May I ask why you need to create a delivery with reference to an inquiry (VA11) instead of an order (VA01)?

This is not technically impossible, I managed to do that, but ... why?

What are you trying to achieve exactly?

Right now, I cannot come up with a meaningful business case, where this could make sense.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina,

Refer my problem in the following forum in which no one could answer -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3949528

Our main purpose was to archieve Material nos. BEFORE arichieving the Material nos., the related transaction docs. must be archieved 1st. We just found that some related Inquiries and Quotations which were fully referenced to create Sales Orders but the overall status was still "Being processed" as below -

Refer the above Forum, we had already executed the standard program V_MACO but still could not update their overall status from "Being processed" to "Completed". Therefore, these Inquiries and Quotations could not be archieved due to their overall status.

In "Item - Status" of these Inquiries and Quotations, found that the "Delivery status" is "Not delivered" as below so I guessed DN is missing for these Inquiries and Quotations and I had then changed the Copy Controls as above so as to create the DN and then let the overall status of these Inquiries and Quotations become "Completed". For the created and open DN, I may then execute a standard program VL_COMPLETE to directly complete it.

If it is impossible to create DN for Inquiries and Quotations, could you advise any other method(s) to complete their overall status so as to be able to archieve these docs. ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your document flow looks messed up.

Did you really make all these customizing changes while you had open documents?

Standard SD process: inquiry->quotation->order->delivery (picking, goods issue)->billing.

Inquiry/quotation in standard are not used as a reference for delivery creation, for this you use sales orders. Usually inquiry/quotation items have completion rule in VOV7, which ensures, that after referencing them, they are set to complete. The other option is to use a rejection reason, which does not set the conditions to statistical.

In your case - the proper way was a rejection reason for inquiries.

Your delivery is in status 'being processed'. This is either inter-company billing relevant, which was not completely processed (then it is a huge issue how people performed month end/year end closing since 2007), or a delivery with messed up statuses (in this case you need to analyze the cause and run correction reports).

In both cases, I strongly advise you to go through the basics of  pre-sales and order-to-cash process.

I have absolutely no idea why one of your colleagues configured an inquiry to be relevant for delivery - check the functional design and solution proposal documentation and investigate why you needed a delivery status set in the inquiry. If this was unintentional, you need to fix that.

Creating a delivery from inquiry is not impossible, but is pointless, and, in your specific document flow example - also dangerous and a bad practice.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina,

The Inquiries were used in many years ago and configured by our previous colleagues. Our users are already not using this doc. type now. The Del. status of "Not delivered" might be due to enabled checkbox - "Item rel.f.dlv." in the relevant default Schedule line cate. as below -

For Inquiry -

For Quotation -

Our users are still using the Quotations currently but the relevant default Schedule line cate. were already changed by our previous colleagues as below -

For the Quotation items created with the above Schedule line cate. "ZN", the is no Del. status under the "Item - Status" as below and overall status of these items can be "Completed" after fully referenced -

The problem for those old Quotation items were just those created with the above Scehdule line cate. "BN".

However, the field "Reason for rejection" for those problem Inquiry & Quotation items is grey and cannot be changed. Could you advise how to update the overall status to "Completed" for those problem and previously created Inquiry & Quotation items ?

Tks,

KH Fong

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ohh, sorry, I completely dismissed the fact that in your document flow the inquiry is fully referenced.

For now I assume that this schedule line category setup for AT is incorrect and is not used in other processes. Can you check this? You are definitely not creating deliveries with reference to inquiries currently - otherwise you would still have the copy controls.

I have one idea how you can solve this, but it is tricky and I wouldn't do it in a live system without thoroughly testing the complete flow in a sandbox/development system.

First, check if this schedule line category is used elsewhere and make sure that nobody will process documents until you are done with the fixing.

My idea involves temporarily switching off the completion rule of the item category and changing the schedule line category to be not delivery relevant. Then with a second transport you will turn completion back on.

I hope you understand that if somebody creates documents in the meantime, it will mess up the standard process.

First you remove relevant for delivery checkbox from the schedule line. Then there is a report in sap note

323048 - Sales order 'in process' although delivered+billed, which can redetermine the completion status in already processed documents. You run this ZZERLRE0, then you run SDVBUK00 (only for this document, please be extra careful). Then you can set a rejection reason in Va12 and this will complete the document.

Then you import the second transport request with the correct completion rule.

Another option is, to ask a developer to write some code in mv45afzz userexit_field_modification, but this is a waste of development resources ofr a one-time correction. I cannot advise direct DB updates (I know some people do that even in a PRD environment).

I actually tried the ZZERLRE0+SDVBUK00 combo in a sandbox and it works, but you still need to test carefully the complete flow.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina,

Thanks for your suggestion, but found that -

Program ZZERLRE0 does not exist

Message no. DS017

Could you also advise ?

Tks,

KH Fong

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to the service marketplace - the report code is in the note, which I mentioned https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/323048/E.

It is nothing special, but it is a DB update program, so, please, be careful and follow the instructions how to use it.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina,

The SAP Note 323048 only mentioned the program SDVBUK00, but didn't mention the program ZZERLRE0. Could you advise ?

BTW, the above Schedule line cates. "AT" & "BN" are not useful for our users currently. For original standard settings, e.g. copied from Ides data, do you know whether the checkbox "Item rel.f.dlv." was also checked for these two Schedule line cates. ?

Tks,

KH Fong

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the note carefully once again and look at the correction instructions and read the code.

The new SAP notes app can be confusing, but there is no other good alternative - we all have to learn to use it.

In the systems, in which I have access, for AT and BN "Item rel.f.dlv" is set to ' '.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina,

Does it mean that the program ZZERLRE0 must be created by following the correction instructions of the SAP Note 323048, and the program SDVBUK00 is another independent program ? What is the difference between these two programs ?

Tks,

KH Fong

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These are two separate programs delivered by SAP.

SDVBUK00 is very well documented in SAP notes - perform a search and you will find lots of information about it.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina,

Does it mean that the program ZZERLRE0 is not built-in in SAP and it must be developed by ourselves with following the correction instructions of SAP Note 323048 ?

Tks,

KH Fong

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From your questions I assume you have no prior experience dealing with correction reports or implementing notes, provided by SAP.

Your system administrator and you local developers can explain much better than me the various cases of implementing SAP notes and corrections.

hasan_ahmed1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Implementing a SAP note doesn't mean to develop a program. Pls do google, it will get to know documents related to How to implement a SAP note. Else easy way is to approach your Abap/Basis Team guys to guide you.

All the Best.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina & Hidayathulla,

It is because Veselina said "the programs ZZERLRE0 & SDVBUK00 are two separate programs in SAP", and found the following descriptions in the correction instructions of SAP Note 323048 -

TADIR Entry                               Object Description

R3TR - PROG - ZZERLRE0      LIMU - REPS - ZZERLRE0

If the program ZZERLRE0  is not to develop, how can the codes of the correction instructions of the SAP Note 323048 be applied ?

Tks,

KH Fong

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error log reads copying control settings is missing between item categories ZIN8 and AFN. Can you analyze why AFN is coming?

Regards,

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva Rarn / Experts,

How can I analyze why AFN is coming ? The above VTLA config. had already been done and records are also found in the table TVCPL as below -

Anywhere is still missing ? Could you advise ?

Tks,

KH Fong

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Compared with the standard Item Cates. TAN & TANN and found one field is different (as below) in which our customized AFN & AFNN are missing the "3" (as above). This field name is GRUPA, but I could not find it in VTLA. Could you advise ?

Tks,

KH Fong

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Any expert could help to advise to solve our above problem ?

Tks,

KH Fong

0 Kudos

Config looks good ..there is no issue for missing the "3". Only thing you can select Copy item number in header config.

Put a break point at below code and check why it is failing TVCPL SELECT.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jyotirmoy,

Thanks for your advice. As I am not good at ABAP, could you advise how to access the above break point in details ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

0 Kudos

Go to SE38 -->Give the program name MV50AF0T_TVCPL_SELECT and display the program--> Put a break point at line 20 .

Now create the delivery. The program control will stop at that code line.

Check the below parametr ts_lfarn ,ts_auarv and ts_pstyv.

Check the sy-subrc value after select.

Please take help from tech team.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jyotirmoy,

By following your above instructions, found the following result which is different from your above sample screen on 30 Sep at 18:28 -

Could you advise ?

Tks,

KH Fong