Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy or system copy.

former_member362299
Participant
0 Kudos

HI team,

we have some typical scenerio, where quality sytem has 3 clients, out of which one client we need to copy to EXTERNAL prd system.

EXTERNAL PRD system we have tuned the database for performence, now we want to copy the client to PRD system. To achieve this should i go for client copy or system copy. if we do client copy all the programs also transfered to External PRD systerm.

regards

Manjappa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Why are you doing a client copy from QA to PRD? Your requirement sounds strange.

Also what do you mean by "EXTERNAL PRD system"?

To perform a client copy you need to make sure that the source and target systems are on the same release and component level? Do the systems satisfy this requirement?

A client copy basically copies client specific data from source client to the target client.

The suggestion to do a system copy is not recommended in your case as well, because you will lose all the data in the target system (EXTERNAL PRD system). A system copy replaces the complete data in the target system with the source system data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjappa,

What is the situation to copy a Quality client to Production System ?

Is you try to coping to currently running Production ?

--------------------------------------------------------------

If the situation is needed then my suggestion is to take "System Copy", is it more Suitable,

Regards,

Sajmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it sounds crazy to copy clients from Quality to PRD.
What is the reason for such kind of activity?
In general, always good to have just one prod client in Prod system, I know there are some exceptional cases, but them are exceptional due to some real requirements.

BR, Sergo.

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manjappa,

Client copy will not transfer programs, in that case, you need to perform system copy.

Regards,

Ning