cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Duplicate Inspection Lot Creation for single Batch with same material.

former_member221124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Experts.

In my current scenario, the process is as below.

1. Business confirms the same material and same batch under multiple production orders.
  2. 04 Inspection type is activated for this material and the field Post to Insp. The stock is unticked (Material won't go to quality stock)
  3. So in one case one batch is confirmed (movement type 101) 5 times against 5 production orders and so 5 inspection lots are generated.
  4. In all of the above cases, one material document (With different item number) for same storage location is generated against 5 batches
  5. But users wants to get rid of such multiple inspection lots for a single batch.
  6. Therefore we have maintained Control Insp.  lot as 1 For each Material Document , Material , Batch, and Storage Location in QM view of material master. I thought that only single inspection lot will be generated as only one One Batch confirms 5 times against same material document and same storage location.
  7. But still, 5 different inspection lots are generated.
  8. Batch  confirmations are done against production order by using BAPI .

So my requirement is, only a single inspection lot should be generated for Same Batch, same material ,same Document number and same storage location , which is not happening here . Am I following the right path ?

Or please share your solution by which the lots generation can be waived off.

Regards

DD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why not use "material, batch, storage location"?

The material document setting also mean material document ITEM.  So if you have 5 items in the material document, you get 5 inspection lots.  Which you must since you are doing a GR against 5 different orders.  Also, keep in mind that since there are no UD's made, SAP behaves differently when there are open insp. lots.

I agree with Patrick in that I don't think you should be receiving the same batch against 5 different production orders.  That normally, preety much violates the actual definition of a batch unless you have a very unique process that we don't understand.  I'm always curious to lean more about stuff like this, (yes.. I'm a geek), so if you can please elaborate a bit.

Please go to the field for for the inspection lot control field in the inspection type setup and click on F1 while in the field.  It has a pretty good explanation there.  Most of the items I've mention above are covered in that help file.  If you need some addiitonal explanations, please come back and ask.

Craig

former_member221124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Experts.

Thanks, Craig and Patrick .

Let me note down the process in short .

The client is in the business of steel wire manufacturing .The process is totally MTO , with configurable material. The planning execution and production confirmations steps are consisting of multiple Z transactions satisfying their old ERP system.

Here there is a scenario of Production order clubbing in compliance with PP IS Mill scenario. Multiple production orders are created against multiple Sales Order. Then the Production orders are clubbed according to certain sales order characteristics. One clubbed order will be created which otherwise can be called as a Header production order and child orders are known as component orders.

Production order confirmations (101) can only be done for component orders. Hence due to some business constraint, they are confirming single batch against multiple production orders. They are using a Z Dash board to confirm the Batches as the numbers are huge. BAPI is used for production confirmation.

I have mentioned earlier that  inspection lots are generated each time there is a 101 movement ,although Batch/Material/St.Loc/Material Document are same . Quantity goes to unrestricted use stock as the field Post to Insp. stock is unticked . But in the certain scenario, the quantity may go to Quality stock also for different material with the same scenario.

I have maintained the Control Insp Lot field as 1 (For each material document, material, batch and Storage location)

So the requirement is only one inspection lot should be generated , which is not working. This is due to each time although the single material document is generated , the line item is different in each case due to different production order.

And client’s another expectation is the little bit different . They are first asking for a single inspection lot , secondly, they are also asking that the different GR quantity of the same Batch should be added in a single inspection lot , which I know totally impossible.

So although there are justified reasons for which duplicate inspection lots cannot be avoided , but still I am waiting for a solution which can be brought out of the box.

Regards

DD

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. then why can't you use material/batch/storage location?

If the the lot is still open, additional qtyy's should be incrementally added as the GR's are done.

Craig

patrick_g1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DD,

As the basic setting for inspection type from production will generate every time an IL as soon as you confirm a PP order this can not be suppressed.

An idea woud be to remove inspection type for production but to maintain inspection type for stock transfer. This would require to change business process as the stock must be transferred after all confirmations have been done.

But a complete other question is why you post 5 different PP orders to same batch and not to increase the PP order qty to ensure only one confirmation?

Why is it important to have 5 PP orders for same batch? What is the background for this?

Best regards

Patrick.