Did you mean: 

Whose comment is this - messed up profile pictures, profile links, icons

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Today I stumbled upon the following thread in Beta:

Can a question be closed ? - SAP Answers

Can you guess whose comments are these?

This is my profile picture, that is displayed in the comment, which is also a link to my profile, the Mentor's lemon is also from my profile.

The display name is Jeremy's, the link from the display name surprisingly leads me to a SAP Q&A page (the links from the other comments point correctly to member profiles).

These are not my comments, I haven't participated in the discussion at all.

If you are not logged on, this looks slightly different:

The icons are the right ones, the display link still leads to a wrong location, no profile picture to click on.

The same issue occurs in Firefox ESR 45.4.0, Pale Moon 26.5.0, IE 11.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina, This had been reported and marked as fixed (SOC-3556). I just updated the ticket, referenced this tread, so it can be looked at again. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Consider the visual imagery I provided earlier for whack a bug

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I noticed the same yesterday. The avatars where correct until I hit the "Show more comments" link and then they switched. See my comment here:

We noticed that you were previously working on a question - SAP Answers

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have noticed a similar phenomenon on and off, where a profile picture will not match the name of the author. In all cases, leaving the page, and coming back, or a page refresh, fixed the issue.

However in this case I can reproduce the issue, except that it is now my picture in front of Jeremy Good's name:

Apparently this only happens to comments that are initially hidden, and that show up when pressing the "Show more Comments" button.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is also not the first time the issue with random avatars getting confused (sometimes they don't even appear at all (like search results for a person's name - quite often you'll see the avatar next to a blog that they authored but not their actual profile).

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Previously I encountered this only as a temporary issue (issue closed), which usually disappeared after page refresh, but not this one.

I am getting a bit confused lately when going through the known bugs list, because it is not always in sync with what was already reported and the bug reports are piling up.

I do my best to browse the recent discussions and check for something, but sometimes I either fail to search effectively, or, in the past few days, my discussions/comments appear with some delay.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do they have this carnival game in your country? https://goo.gl/images/JWlmN7

I have often used this as an analogy for software development and bug fixes close to a release deadline.  Haste makes waste, but in most cases you can picture that no many how many moles (bugs) you fix (hammer), another one keeps popping up in a different area.

Your recent detailed screen captures and bug reporting efforts are amazing (in addition to the flood of table entries bearing your name in the and pages.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I reported something similar about incorrect avatars 4 months back but no idea if it's been fixed - haven't had time to retest it