Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

structural auth. issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

I have encountered an issue, I believe relates to stru. autho. that I need your help/advice. A developer has developed a report using logical database PNP that lists employees that have completed a training. If I run it with my id that has SAP_ALL and not assigned employee no. (open PD) it runs fine and displays the list. But if I run it with any other id that is assigned emp. no. it does not provide the list. Initially SU53 showed that there were struc. authorization missing and I added a profile. After I added this profile the su53 shows the authorization successfull but still no list appears. This list does not show up for the employee id even if I assign SAP_ALL and ALL structural profile but it shows up with my id (as I mentioned earlier my id is not assigned an infotyp 105 subtype 001).

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Netra

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Some time SU53 is not acurate,so try for ST01.It might help you.

sri

0 Kudos

Thanks Sri for your response. I tried ST01 as well with both the ids but it shows nothing...

Thanks,

Netra

0 Kudos

can you tell us what your struct. profile looks like?

0 Kudos

Thanks Dimitri.

The structural profile has eval. path O-S-P with starting object as the top org unit. And another one I have assigned has other object types. Please have a look below.

Thanks again for your help.

ztest 0 01 O 10001001 O-S-P 12 12

Z_test1 0 01 C 0 0

Z_test1 10 01 AP 0 0

Z_test1 20 01 QK 0 0

Z_test1 30 01 Q 0 0

Z_test1 40 01 BA 0 0

Z_test1 50 01 BS 0 0

Z_test1 60 01 BG 0 0

Z_test1 70 01 BK 0 0

0 Kudos

Hello Netra,

I doubt if your trace is set on in your system.Please check if its on and if not set it to ON and execute the report.Also check if theres any user exit written for an authority object which might be resulting in for other users not able to execute the report succesfully.

**Reward points accordingly

Junaid

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your responses. I was able to resolve it by defining a new str. profile definition and assigning it to the users. The starting object in the report was a hard coded QK object of which I made as starting point in my new profile and it works now.

Thanks again.

Netra