Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: Ratio SAP users to overall employee population

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some benchmark information but so far my research came back empty. Our senior business leadership is challenging the number of SAP users we have in the system (SAP ERP). I was wondering if I can get a few folks to post a ratio number for your instances to get a sense of number in the field. We are a CPG company with appr. 2200 active users and appr. 4000 employee ~55% SAP users. I realize that it is hugly dependent on the company and many other things. It is really only a order of magnitude consideration. Any leads where benchmark information along these lines may be published would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

I guess you realize this totally depends on the products that you are deploying.

User to Emp total ratio

SRM: 1:1

ERP: 1:20

CRM: 1:50

SCM: 1:1000

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

I guess you realize this totally depends on the products that you are deploying.

User to Emp total ratio

SRM: 1:1

ERP: 1:20

CRM: 1:50

SCM: 1:1000

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. Yes I do realize that it depends by apps. Where do these ratios come from? Are these 'official' benchmark numbers or based on your experience.

Thanks

Stefan

0 Kudos

Stefan,

Yes, sorry. This is my experience of late. These are not at all official ratios. Our company is roughly 92000 people.

-jwise