cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session and Application expiration in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I am getting an application expiration error when calling a Web Dynpro application again from within the portal after it has been called once. The navigation path is given below :

Open WD app -> Do something -> close the WD app using WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser(urlVal) and call the next url -> do something there -> click on url for the same WD app -> get application expired error (as listed below).

The Web Dynpro Application 'RHWebRegistrationApplication' has expired. Restart the application using the Refresh button or via the following link RHWebRegistrationApplication.

Now the strange thing is that the same navigation path works fine in some other cases. The problem of course seems to be due to the session cookie. I have set the session expiration of the WD dispatcher to be -1 ( which means expire if user performs explicit logout).

The reason i was using the WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser(..) instead of the exit plug ( wdFirePlugExitForm(urlVal) in my case ) is that i was getting error (on relaunching the app from the same browser session - as mentioned in the navigation path in the begining of this post ) saying the session is still open.

I am kinda stumped with this issue. did anyone face this problem before? Also what are the implications when we move to using certificates ( https ).

Appreciate the help.

Thanks & regards

Renchy Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

see SAP note :<b>842635 , 842878</b>, both of them talks about session managaement.

hope this is of some help to you.

Regarding working with HTTPS, ask you basis team to open HTTPS port (this is 50001)for you, you also need to produce the client certificate <b>x509</b>. for more info on this see:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d4/a1463c269f731ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

hope it helps

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It look slike using the WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser(..) method is making the session to behave inconsistently. I set a application expiration time value , used wdFirePlugExitForm(..) and set a large value of 300 in the web dynpro dispatcher web container application.

This seemed to have resolved the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Go to the application properties .You will find some pre defined properties ,one of them is Expiration time.You can set the time over there.Apart from that wdFirePlugExit should work .Can you please tell what exactly you have done for this?

regards

Sumit

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomos

There is a property for an application in webdynpro that is expiration time ,Set that value to a large value in deployement descriptor file and try to execute it.If not ,use the standard plug firing by passing right url without using WDClient API.

Thanks and regards

venkata kalyan