Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP S/4 HANA On premise edition 1511 Installation

anil_dhote
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

currently we are using SAP ERP 6.0 and now my management want to re-implement SAP with S/4 HANA on premise.

And S/4 HANA is totally new for me.

So can suggest me to get startup work on following points.

1. How I can do Hardware sizing.

2. which Hardware will support.

3. which OS will support.

4. Media requirements.

6. S/4 HANA on premise prerequisite check.

5. S/4 HANA on premise Installation Steps.

6. S/4 HANA on premise post installation steps.

also suggest if anything i forget in the steps.

Thanks & Best Regards

Anil Dhote

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205280
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Wow, that's a lot of questions, ok let's answer your question one by one,

1. The sizing is as usual, you can still using the SAP quick sizing tool, instead of the classic version, choose HANA version this time. Normally when you purchase an HANA appliance, the SAP partners will help you to make the sizing of your HANA instance.

http://service.sap.com/quicksizing

2. Depending on your installation scenario, if you're talking about HANA database, then only SAP certified hardware/appliance are supported, for S/4HANA Application instance, you can use all the supported hardware solutions that SAP support for the old ERP system, like Intel x86, HP-UX, IMB Power etc.

3. Like question two, the HANA database only support SUSE 11, SUSE 12, Red Hat 6.5 (and above), Red Hat 7.x, also IMB Power (not very sure which OS version), for S/4HANA application instance, you can use all the OS that are supported like Windows, HP-UX, Linux etc. but only 64 bit version.

4. You can download the installation and languages packages from the SMP (now SAP ONE Support Launchpad), manly the S/4HANA installation export files, kernel, HANA db client, languages files

5. The instalaltion process was normal as NetWeaver AS ABAP, you can check the master guide and installation guide of AS ABAP 7.5 on HANA for reference. Depending on the hardware and OS you're using, the installation process may be a little different.

SAP NetWeaver 7.5 – SAP Help Portal Page

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_...

6. This's a very broad topic, from a technical point of view, you would probably want to configure the Fiori application (a stand alone installation of Fiori front-end system), configure the embedded analytics, activate the SAP best practice for S/4HANA (optional), data migration etc.

That's what I can call from now, let me know if there's anything else I can help.

Regards,

Michael