Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Assignment to TU

ruturaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello EWM experts,

This is a conceptual query in EWM.

Consider a case wherein more than one warehouses have been defined in EWM and deliveries are created and transferred from ERP to EWM corresponding to these multiple EWM warehouses. During execution, does EWM allow assignment of such deliveries (corresponding to different EWM warehouses) to a single TU? Or is it required that deliveries corresponding to a single warehouse only must be assigned to Transportation Unit?

Thanks,

Ruturaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruturaj,

Physically transportation unit is your truck in which pallets can be loaded regardless from same or different physical warehouses. Ideally system should be flexible to do this. Otherwise you need create multiple TU for the delivery pick on same route.

I guess there would be some limitation however system should allow this.

This is query for you but in past we had this problem where delivery from Malaysia assigned to TU from Indonesia. for which we raised OSS to not allow this kind of assignment.

Thanks,

Sandip

ruturaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sandip,

Thanks for your inputs.

You mentioned that "in past we had this problem where delivery from Malaysia assigned to TU from Indonesia. for which we raised OSS to not allow this kind of assignment."

In this case, were the Malaysia and Indonesia deliveries fulfilled from the same warehouse or different warehouses? I am asking this because, if they were fulfilled from different EWM warehouses, then it would mean that EWM allows such delivery assignments to the same TU (for which OSS had to be raised to disallow assignment). Moreover, did SAP create a note to stop such assignment?

Regards,

Ruturaj

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruturaj,

Both were different EWM warehouses and one TU was assigned to two different deliveries belongs to different plant/warehouses. Eventually we came to know that this happened because of the user mistake.

So based on this I can say system is allowing to assign 1 TU to different deliveries belong to different warehouses. However we never used this and I did not get any documentation on this.

hope other expert can throw more light on this.

Thanks,

Sandip

ruturaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sandip,

Thanks again for your feedback. It helps.

One last question. Was an OSS note created by SAP based on your request? If yes, can you please share the OSS Note number?

Regards,

Ruturaj

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruturaj,

In fact it was the OSS message raised to SAP and I am not sure If any SAP note is available for this.

Why don't you try it on your test system if this is your requirement.?

Thanks,

Sandip

ruturaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks Sandip.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have another question that fits into that thread. My profile does not let me enter managed tags.

Assign one ODO with several split outbound dlv to several TUs

Hello,

We have the following requirement:

STO/outbound dlv exists that requires more than one truckload for shipping to receiving plant.

EWM:
The ODO items are picked and packed into HUs. For each HU as separate outbound dlv is created in /SCWM/PRDO. There are more HUs/outbound dlvs than what fits on a truck.

TU is manually created and the ODO is assigned. I did not find a way to just assign a subset of the created outbound dlv of the ODO to the TU.

We would like to use several TUs for one ERP outbound dlv/ODO and post GI for all the HUs/outbound dlv that fit on the truck.

Is this functionality supported in standard EWM

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is important to understand that EWM does not plan a transport - but only the activity of a transport on shipping OR receiving!
So it is clear that deliveries shipped from Malaysia and deliveries from Indonesia must be not on the same TU activity! Of course you can create two different activities of the same TU as those activities will also have a different timeslot!

But often there are several warehouses located near to each other and supported through the same yard - in this szenario the different warehouses can be assigned to the same yard.

You can load deliveries from different warehouses to a TU activity when the warehouse is assigned to the yard of the TU activity. Prerequisite is the use of yard management. Acitivities like loading or GI must be done per warehouse and cannot be triggered at once from /SCMW/TU

BR

Daniela Schapler

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

from the tests I did: yes, it is no problem to assign deliveries from two warehouse numbers to the same TU.

But process-wise it did not work. The problem was (I have not tested it for some time, but I do not think that the behavior has changed) that after checking in at the first warehouse and loading the delivery from that warehouse, I could not check out the TU from the warehouse - because it was not fully loaded.

So I suppose what does work is that you use two TUs with the same external TU number.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can maintain the TU at warehouse level, when i checked 'advanced search ' option , there is no selection parameter as ' warehouse number', if we want to assign the other WH relevant delivery to the TU.

BR,

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruturaj,

System allows user to assign multiple deliveries belonging to different warehouses to a single TU.

During the delivery assignment in /SCWM/TU, the warehouse in which TU created is defaulted. You just need to clear that warehouse and system will pull the deliveries that matches secretion criteria.

When I looked at little more details, I could see that TU are not associated with warehouse, but it is the S&R activity that has the link to yard Warehouse. But this is purely my view.

Regards,

Shashidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruturaj,

Think logically, to me it should be deliveries of the same warehouse can only be assigned to a TU. Other thing is the delivery timelines are also important because if there are two deliveries whose delivery dates are different then it is not possible even for same warehouse deliveries to be combined in one TU. Generally this part is taken care by SAP TM or LE-TRA where you club multiple deliveries into shipments based on the timelines.

BR
Anoop