SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter Read Result Issue

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sap Move in Read of 6480 estimated on 05/27/2016.

Next periodic actual received on 06/27/2016 which is 6461. It is actual an less than previous estimated. It is released.

Now re estimating the move in read on 05/27/2016 and it is still coming as 6480 which is more than actual received later.

How is this possible ?

Any help as to what might be at play here will be appreciated.

Monis Shakeel.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might be the case because of following reason :-

1) Meter Roll-over --> Check if the meter is rolled over during this period because of dial limitation in the registers of the device

2) The previous estimate might be a case of  over estimation if the system perceives that read of 19 is more credible than a consumption of +9981

Let me know if this helps

Nitin Sengar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because the next periodic read was released SAP is considering the move-in read and periodic read as valid reads even though there is an overflow.

Ideally, reverse the periodic read first and then correct your move-in read. Afterwards you can estimate your periodic read and not the other way round.

Regards,

Pranav

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Pranav.

I don't have to estimate the periodic read.

I have an actual periodic read later but my move in read is an estimate.

It can not be more than an actual read which has been received later.

If we had a similar case where both reads were periodic, ISU ASSESS workflow would have corrected the previous estimate automatically,
.But I guess Assessing does not work with move in reads as it needs an active contract.

Still not able to figure out the issue.

0 Kudos

Hi Monis,

I believe, below is happening in your case:

Move in read - 100, estimated read 100 (SAP always calculates the estimated read while loading the actual read and stores it in MR doc, check the MR doc, this estimated same read is used later for correction)

Periodic read - 90, estimated read 110

Now when you are trying to estimate the move in read system is using the already calculated estimated read of 100 as same was stored while loading move-in read.

Try this scenario

Move out read 100, estimated read 100

Move in read 90, estimated read 100

Periodic read 110, estimate read 110

Now try to estimate the move-in read and SAP will correct the move-in read to 100.

Same thing happens with two periodic reads

Move in read 100, estimated read 100

Periodic read1 90, estimated read 200

Periodic read2 300, estimated read 300

Now when you try to correct the periodic read1 SAP falls back to  the already calculated estimated value of 200.

Hope it makes sense, just check the estimated read in your Move in MR doc, it must be same as actual read, which is directly used in re-estimation.

Regards,

Pranav

0 Kudos

Your comments did give me an idea.

I reversed the move in and then estimated the move in read. The value getting estimated was taking into account the periodic read that was entered later and giving correct results.

I guess yes, the estimated value that was stored in the move in read order was causing the issue.

Appreciate your reply.

Monis Shakeel