Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender AS2 ID in AS2 Adapter.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDoc to AS2 Interface. The Receiver AS2 id is specified in Receiver AS2 Party, and where do we need to specify the sender AS2 ID? as I see in the Sender IDoc party or Receiver Party, there is nothing specified.

Thanks,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Open your receiver agreement in that you have something called "Header Mapping".

in that check the sender and receiver party you would be having AS2 ID.

Br,

Manoj

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I don't see AS2 ID even mentioned in the receiver agreement. In the Header mapping, I see only Sender Communication Party and Sender Communication Component mentioned. Wondering where do we specify the Sender AS2 ID. As I see it populated in Seeburger Workbench but not sure where mentioned in PI.

Thanks,

Vijay

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 I see only Sender Communication Party and Sender Communication Component mentioned.

Double click on that sender communication party and check inside that.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got it.

The IDoc sender channel is mentioned in IDOC_PARTY(here i was checking for sender AS2 id  but did not find it).In the receiver agreement, the communication party is given as different party AS2_PARTY in which the Sender AS2 ID is specified and in the same MDN report channel is created. Here one more question raised for me why can't we specify the Sender AS2 ID in the IDOC_PARTY and would have created the MDN report channel in the same party. why another party is created?

I hope I did not confuse you

Thanks.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually in sender channel a sender ECC system Business system should be present , i am wondering why you are using IDOC_PARTY ? hmm..is the partner type Non-LS ?

here IDOC_Party is a sender to PI system , but for AS2 Receiver server i.e your third party your PI system is sender hence you use header mapping which depicts the sender AS2 ID is your ID and Receiver Party i.e of the receiver AS2 ID. Hence you create a party especially for PI system which acts as sender / receiver party for an Third party.

Br,

Manoj

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you said here i see created three parties in pi, one is IDOC_PARTY in which the condition specified is ALE#LI="1234567", in this party we have 4 Business Sytems created, in which it has IDOC Sender Channel.

and 2 Party is AS2_PARTY, which has Sender AS2 ID, and MDN report channel in it.

and 3rd party is AS2RECEIVER_PARTY, which has receiver as2 id in it and receiver cc.

So, my question is instead of creating 2nd party we would have added the Seeburger Sender AS2 ID in the 1st party itself right and added the MDN report channel too in it. why created extra one more party just for the case of providing sender AS2 ID?

Thanks

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

lets say we have a an IDOC ---->AS2 scenario.

1. You usually create a sender channel with Sender ECC Business system , but in your case the reason why you have an IDOC_PARTY because the partner type is Non-LS , so whenever a partner type is non-LS you create a  Party and mention the partner type with Partner number like the one which you have ALE#LI="1234567" , So this party is just an Identifier to understand that PI system is getting an IDOC with so and so partner type/partner number , this has nothing to do with AS2.

2.Now PI has to send this to third party so you have 2 parties here AS2_SND which has your AS2 ID and AS2_RCV which has Third party AS2 ID ,

So while interacting with any Third party AS2 server AS2 needs to be sent at Http header level that is why u use Header mapping.

Now your query why cant the  AS2 ID mentioned in AS2_SND be maintained in IDOC_Party ?

You can do it and then add the IDOC_Party in Header mapping in place of AS_SND , but you have unnecessary values being sent at HTTP header level because your IDOC_PARTY will be having other details like ALE#LI="1234567" , and also what if your partner type is LS you dont create IDOC_PARTY at all you use business system and you cant mention AS2 ID in Business system. so in that case you need the party AS2_SND right.

So its always a good habbit of creating a seperate AS2 Party which has your AS2 ID.

Hope this clarifies your doudt.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking time and explaining clearly Manoj!

Answers (0)