cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - starting out with OpenUI

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to write an OpenUI control to work on iOS devices so I'll be using Objective C.  The control is going to be a numeric entry field to be used on a transaction screen, which has no default value and permits the field to be left empty and also displays a numeric keypad.  The reason I need a custom control is because out-of-the-box Agentry numeric edit types require that you enter a value and also default the field to zero.

I've searched for documentation on getting started with OpenUI, but can't seem to find it.  Can anyone point me to the definitive 'getting started guide' for OpenUI, and specifically for using it with iOS devices.

Thanks

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194451
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Please take a look at this document - SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 - Agentry OpenUI API see if it helps on your iOS specific OpenUI.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01993.0300/doc/pdf/smp_agentry_open_...

Regards,

Chung Yu

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm not sure there is a definitive getting started guide but the framework does contain a number of sample controls.  I typically use these as a starting point for understanding and extending controls.

I would suggest you start by building the SMPAgentryClientFrameworkDemo project on iOS and setting up the open UI demo application as your first step.

--Bill